Sharing particular classes.

Xelachai

We all know that each class on both side is a mirror to the other. However, my question is this: Why is it that Republic players get access to a soldier/trooper type of class, whereas Empire players are contained strictly to Intelligence? As an avid roleplayer, I want my character to be recognized as a part of the Imperial Military, so I do what I can via modded gear, storylines, and ability loadouts, but it makes too much sense for the Imperials to have a military type class as well.

The same thing can be said for Bounty Hunters. BH's work for anyone with credits to pay them. A-N-Y-O-N-E. So why are they simply contained to the Empire side?

My suggestion is this: Make a Trooper Class available to the Empire, and make the BH Class available to the Empire. As for construction of a storyline for the Imperial Trooper, just make it some heavily mission based kind of thing. Storming places, quelling civilian riots. maybe leading up to some huge *** battle somewhere, ultimately setting them in a position of power in the Imperial Military for their storyline. I had something thought out, but I lost it all hehe.

Granted most of this is from an RPers point of view, but I would like the option of an Imperial Stormtrooper / Shocktrooper class.

The Trooper is the elite frontline soldier of the Republic. Havoc Squad goes on unique, pivotal missions that sway the course of major events. Bounty Hunters, the Boba Fett's, the elite soldiers for hire that can also sway the course of major events are on the Imperial side. The Trooper is not just a soldier, he's more like Captain America.

Also, having one side be unique from the other might be more appealing to your role player mindset.

The main difference is that Imp side they outsource some of their elite military, which happens to include the Bounty Hunter player character.

Mandalorians are mercenary warriors for hire, the bulk of which are currently loyal to the Empire, including the Bounty Hunter character if you accept Mandalore's offer.

You may not be a rank and file grunt, but then again neither is the Republic trooper. You are an elite mercenary, whereas the trooper is an elite special forces type. There is nothing rank an file military grunt about either of them.

I do totaly agree that BH should really be cross faction, playable on either side. The Smuggler is a 'Hired gun' for many many side missions for the Republic, showing that they are quite happy to hire extra help. BH is totaly playable as having a pretty moral code (like Mako being a merc with a heart), which would jibe okay with the Rep...as well as a smuggler anyway. Likewise sharing strong individual streak, like the Smuggler, I could see some BH's prefering to work with the Rep to the Empire. Empire Side missions that are couched as being to smack break away groups and strengthen/consolidate the Empire into one submissive whole, go pretty much against many a BH's idea.

This isn't a technical issue, just an RP/setting one...and yes..to make the BH dual faction would cause some balance issues.