Whats the best gaming cpu out now?

Balbosa

intel i7 3930k is probably the best, but that is a 6 core processor and costs a lot of money

i have a i7 2600k, i know some people who play it on a i5 2500k. you will not see much of a performance difference between any quad core. this game is designed terribly, so wont really fully utilize your hardware

For gaming a highend i5 is just as good as a highend i7.....you will see no difference in gameplay and you will save money. Unless you're running multiple programs at once there is no reason to pay extra for an i7.

Also 6 cores is a waste of money as well...nothing will use them at the moment.

For gaming a highend i5 is just as good as a highend i7.....you will see no difference in gameplay and you will save money. Unless you're running multiple programs at once there is no reason to pay extra for an i7.

Also 6 cores is a waste of money as well...nothing will use them at the moment.

no games utilize all 6 cores, but there are plenty of programs that do

I have a question. Is the Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge better than the Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge? I heard the Ivy was better? Out of Intel's four core cpu's. Which one is best for gaming. This is what my thread header should of been.

For gaming (and for a reasonable price) : i5 3570K (ivy bridge)

i7 3770K is better but not so much as to justify the cost when compared to the i5.

And if you have a sandy bridge MB and don't plan on changing it : i5 2500K.

Is the Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge considerably better/faster than the 2500k sandy?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.