Now that we're getting Axes...

Blackavaar

How about freeing us up to use the other weapons without being penalized by losing abilities? Still can't use and Electrostaff and retain access to all of your abilities as a Shadow/Assassin. Why not?

How about allowing companions more than one type of weapon? Qyzen is still pinholed into using a Tech Blade, even though his starting weapon is obviously a Tech Staff. Why?

How about making those customized weapon schematics Armstechs get worth something? Currently no one buys these and if they get listed on the GTN at all it is usually for prices below what a vendor would give you. So, what's the point of bothering?

Come on! If you're giving us one weapon that is not a lightsaber but does not detract from our abilities, why can't you free us up to use all the other stuff (within reason, obviously a Smuggler shouldn't be able to use a lightsaber, but he should be able to use a rifle) that is already in the game?

TL/DR: Allow all weapons to be used without penalties.

Thank you for your consideration.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

Personally if they are doing this i would love to see different types of sabers. Like the ton-fun (sp?) or police nightstick sabers used by one of the book characters. Sai's sabers for the duel wielders which I believe were a type in the books too etc.

I would support the following:

Sith Warriors: Lightsabers, Vibroblades, Techblades, Vibroswords,

Sith Inquisitors: Lightsabers, Vibroblades, Techblades, Vibroswords, Electrostaves (Assassins only)

Bounty Hunters: Pistols, Dual Pistols, Rifles, Sniper Rifles

Imperial Agents: Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Pistols, Dual Pistols (note: only for ACs without a focus on the vibroknife)

Jedi Knights: Same as Sith Warriors

Jedi Consulars: Same as Sith Inquisitors

Troopers: Rifles, Heavy Cannons, Pistols, Dual Pistols, Sniper Rifles

Smugglers: Same as Imperial Agents

Obviously, this wil take a lot of work as a lot of class mechanics and animations need to be reworked for this but I think it could be doable.

Bounty Hunters and Troopers need more variety. Soldiers are more than just rifle and heavy cannon users, and bounty hunters are not normally restricted to pistols for weapons.

The Jedi and Sith freedoms irk me slightly but they are not that bad since I think given the choice, most will go with lightsabers anyway.

I would support the following:

Sith Warriors: Lightsabers, Vibroblades, Techblades, Vibroswords,

Sith Inquisitors: Lightsabers, Vibroblades, Techblades, Vibroswords, Electrostaves (Assassins only)

Bounty Hunters: Pistols, Dual Pistols, Rifles, Sniper Rifles

Imperial Agents: Rifles, Sniper Rifles, Pistols, Dual Pistols (note: only for ACs without a focus on the vibroknife)

Jedi Knights: Same as Sith Warriors

Jedi Consulars: Same as Sith Inquisitors

Troopers: Rifles, Heavy Cannons, Pistols, Dual Pistols, Sniper Rifles

Smugglers: Same as Imperial Agents

Obviously, this wil take a lot of work as a lot of class mechanics and animations need to be reworked for this but I think it could be doable.

Bounty Hunters and Troopers need more variety. Soldiers are more than just rifle and heavy cannon users, and bounty hunters are not normally restricted to pistols for weapons.

The Jedi and Sith freedoms irk me slightly but they are not that bad since I think given the choice, most will go with lightsabers anyway.

I'd support this list, even though I think sniper rifles should be restricted to agents (just like heavy cannons are restricted to troopers in your list).

I agree with Kendaric. Sniper Rifles dosent really look right with Commando gear anyway.

I hope that after years, Trooper Commando will finally have the option to use Blaster Rifles without gimping themselves. Many people like Assault Cannons.. but many people hate them too. The look, feel and sound of them is very different from Blaster Rifles.

Why not give your players the choice ? If you like running around with a huge cannon then great, do that. If you like rifles more then go ahead and use one :)

Its a few skills that are restricted to Assault Cannons and then there is the small boost in damage also.

I like being Republic and playing Commando but i dont like Assault Cannons. Ultimately i decided to make a Sniper but i really wish i could play Commando again someday.

I'd support this list, even though I think sniper rifles should be restricted to agents (just like heavy cannons are restricted to troopers in your list).

I agree, at least until they add any other classes that can use Sniper Rifles and Heavy Cannons. It would also be interesting if by doing this, they could add more weapon types for existing classes to use, as well. There are already some interesting things like this in the files, such as "Repeaters" and "Gauntlets".