Well at least we know now

ZIMMOZMAN

Thanks for sharing, we already figured this but it's nice to actually have an official response in writing.

He still doesn't let on which way they will go with regards to there being no dramatic improvement after f2p, nor does he mention a timeframe on when the decision will be made/implemented post f2p.

Relevant quote from Jeff Hickmans statement

Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?

Answer: We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

Exactly as expected by many of us.

Nice to finally see confirmation as you say.

Now the question is how long till F2P hits and what will its impact on population be?

More people on the server for sure...but more people in 50 pvp (especially rateds) and for Operations?

Who knows?

Its the returning player numbers that I really want to see.

Regarding primarily level 50 content.

F2P new player numbers not so big a deal.

F2P returning players = huge deal.

How many ex players will it bring back?

I know of guilds with 150 members with 60 level 50's who currently are defunct, no one plays at all.

If half of those people came back that would make a big difference.

Further, if the population is still too weak after F2P, lets hope for an Oceanic server merge, I would like to keep my excellent ping.

Edited by Sildanar

problem is between operations theres 2 things to do in this game..... pvp which has been the same since 1.2 or dailies, which drive most men crazy in the first 2 hours and as money is hardly neccessary if you only play one character, somewhat redundent

which leaves people 2 things to come back for out **** house pvp or log in 2 times a week for nec and htfb

my whole guild only logs in for raids these days im not bothered to wait for a pop to play the same group of guys every time

give us an eta on the free to play jesus

fall is over in 3 weeks

Edited by Jumpchan

very disappointing from BW.

F2P will not save this server.

F2P will only prolong its death.

We probably have to wait 2 more weeks for F2P. Then BW will evaluate this on our server over a period of 1-3 months minimum. Then they will sit on it for a little bit more. Then they will decide what to do, which is far too unpredictable.

In the mean time paid transfers will hopefully be implemented.

Lol @ all the MMO Analytical experts, who obviously know how to operate an MMO, manage server and populations and can predict with certainty the outcome of adding a F2P option to an AAA MMO.

It makes sense to see what impact F2P has on populations, returning players (preferred status) and subscriptions before they make changes to a whole regions access to play.

I don't pretend to know what the future holds, or make grand claims like "F2P WILL NOT FIX THIS OMG" but I'm happy with their response and I'm happy to wait and see things done measured and right, rather than out of reaction and frustration. The reason this has been a long process even to begin with is that F2P has been on the horizon for along time.

If BW jumped everytime some PVP warrior cried about somthing or a player spammed their customer service with hundreds of emails we would be in trouble.

I'm in this for the long haul so more then happy to wait.

if they had some advertising here it would be different story

nobody even *********** knows about the game unless someone they know told them.

if my brother wasnt looking forward to playing this game for ages before release i would of never known it exsisted

put up a *********** billboard you wankers

otherwise expect nothing from f2p

if only there was a way to tell them

Edited by Jumpchan

if they had some advertising here it would be different story

nobody even *********** knows about the game unless someone they know told them.

if my brother wasnt looking forward to playing this game for ages before release i would of never known it exsisted

put up a *********** billboard you wankers

otherwise expect nothing from f2p

if only there was a way to tell them

Pretty sure any advertising is waiting on F2P to be live so people can sign up right away, what would the point be of advertising now, except to fill the forums with people raging hard that they bought the game and paid a sub only for it to be free like a month later, F2P has been on the cards for a while, so I'm sure they have been holding back. Expect to see plenty of banners and adds on gaming sites when F2P is actually live and people can access it right away.

Lets get something constructive going on here.

Go to this poll and choose the option you want in the event that F2P doesn't achieve the desired outcome.

Keep this poll alive so we can get an idea of what the general population wants.

http://poll.pollcode.com/ja9p45

Posted in the consolidation thread, go vote.

Edited by Davitoeliato

Pretty sure any advertising is waiting on F2P to be live so people can sign up right away, what would the point be of advertising now, except to fill the forums with people raging hard that they bought the game and paid a sub only for it to be free like a month later, F2P has been on the cards for a while, so I'm sure they have been holding back. Expect to see plenty of banners and adds on gaming sites when F2P is actually live and people can access it right away.

did you see banners and adds on gaming sites when this game released no tv adds no nothin.

Everyone that wanted to play this game has and left

your faith in bioware is misplaced you would think since this game launched and all the problems it has had you would learn

did you see banners and adds on gaming sites when this game released no tv adds no nothin.

Everyone that wanted to play this game has and left

your faith in bioware is misplaced you would think since this game launched and all the problems it has had you would learn

pretty much

the point is to get people that dont use those things.

star wars has brought so many people into the mmo market because its star wars.

so many people play and only play because it is star wars

if you restrict yourself to advertising on the exact same mediums for ever like gaming websites we screwed.

Edited by Jumpchan

I was given this response over 16 weeks ago now telling me f2p would be availabel within the month wich is 3 months ago now then they brought out the announcment that it would be in fall so i have been waiting 3 and a half months + now and still absouletley nothing i have tickets that have been not respondead to in over 2 months and i come here and see people saying they are hgappy with Bio wheres anseweres ? Unless you are employess of bio where it makes no sense to say commentes that supports the company that has decieded to do nothing for the playeres except ignore them and there customer service exelles in ignoring people outher then that i dont think customer service exists on the ociena serveres

On the bright side Australia is redey for almost any new mmo as this 1 has failed them miserabley not as a game but as far as customer service goes and if they need to know what will work they just have to treat us the oppersite way bio where has one thing i do think is strange is that all of these people i have seen saying everything is ok and that the game is fine and Bio is doing a good/great job never post there chartecteres names and give no mention to what is good about the game wich is a little wierd to start with cant say more kos we all know Bio where just ban you if they dont like what you say even if yopu suggest something that could work that apperes to be a bannerabel offense aswelll as i know from talking to them .

I was given this response over 16 weeks ago now telling me f2p would be availabel within the month wich is 3 months ago now then they brought out the announcment that it would be in fall so i have been waiting 3 and a half months + now and still absouletley nothing i have tickets that have been not respondead to in over 2 months and i come here and see people saying they are hgappy with Bio wheres anseweres ? Unless you are employess of bio where it makes no sense to say commentes that supports the company that has decieded to do nothing for the playeres except ignore them and there customer service exelles in ignoring people outher then that i dont think customer service exists on the ociena serveres

On the bright side Australia is redey for almost any new mmo as this 1 has failed them miserabley not as a game but as far as customer service goes and if they need to know what will work they just have to treat us the oppersite way bio where has one thing i do think is strange is that all of these people i have seen saying everything is ok and that the game is fine and Bio is doing a good/great job never post there chartecteres names and give no mention to what is good about the game wich is a little wierd to start with cant say more kos we all know Bio where just ban you if they dont like what you say even if yopu suggest something that could work that apperes to be a bannerabel offense aswelll as i know from talking to them .

I love this game (my toon name is in my signature) I have a blast, I'm part of a large active fun guild filled with great people, we have built a great community around this game, so I guess because of that I can look past some of the issues, cos I know when I log in there will be 20 to 30 people online in guild (out of 200+) to chat to, my OPs team are always on line and ready to smash out bosses on our OPs nights, as are the other 3 teams in out guild, I've logged tickets for customer services and had them replied to really fast and with great results, even this week. So I may be seeing this game through the filter of someone well connected with other players and people that are also enjoying this game and get along well with others when I say I think they have been doing fine considering the low populations. Could they be doing better, hell yeah of course, I would love to see a merge of the servers, or some other fix, but I'm sorry if I'm not in the same 'table flipping' mode as you guys are, and I'm sorry your game experience is poor! Because in the mean-time I'm having a blast playing and so are my guildies - We can't wait to see what F2P does to these servers and where the game is heading, all while our tables remain un-flipped.

If the game is pissing you off this much, by all means leave - Wont be missed.

And on the advertising front, they had TV spots on AU TV, Gaming sites, Social Media and even News.com.au, I saw plenty, you where probably balls-deep in WoW and MMO-Champ and you and missed them all

Edited by Deviouzzz

I love this game (my toon name is in my signature) I have a blast, I'm part of a large active fun guild filled with great people, we have built a great community around this game, so I guess because of that I can look past some of the issues, cos I know when I log in there will be 20 to 30 people in guild to chat to, my OPs team are always on line and ready to smash out bosses on our OPs nights, as are the other 3 teams in out guild, I've logged tickets for customer services and had them replied to really fast and with great results, even this week. So I may be seeing this game through the filter of someone well connected with other players and people that are also enjoying this game and get along well with others when I say I think they have been doing fine considering the low populations. Could they be doing better, hell yeah of course, I would love to see a merge of the servers, or some other fix, but I'm sorry if I'm not in the same 'table flipping' mode as you guys are, and I'm sorry your game experience is poor! Because in the mean-time I'm having a blast playing and so are my guildies - We can't wait to see what F2P does to these servers and where the game is heading, all while our tables remain un-flipped.

If the game is pissing you off this much, by all means leave - Wont be missed.

And on the advertising front, they had TV spots on AU TV, Gaming sites, Social Media and even News.com.au, I saw plenty, you where probably balls-deep in WoW and MMO-Champ and you and missed them all

Both Jump and I didn't play WoW or pretty much any other MMO. (For me, ever, SWTOR is my first MMO, for jump he hasn't played any mmo seriously for quite sometime before swtor, and even then it wasn't WoW) I never saw any advertising on AU tv and other than some very, very nerdy friends who are pretty much all into game design and a couple of nerds, none of my friends had seen or heard about swtor. So I don't know what you were watching.

on the other side ive never even been on most of those things cause lets face it who has the time to explore

though i can say i've never seen any on facebook and why would you put it on a news site... to attract the 40 year olds?.. jesus not many 40 year olds have time to plank out to play this game.

Wouldent play wow if you payed me and we must be on at diffrent times as i work night shift and plese by all meens stay when server merges happen so u and tyhe 30 imageneary friends can have fun on a dead server.

Firstly, I don't understand how we can "stay" on a dead server if server merges happen - you do realise that if they merge Master D with one of the others, there will be no Master D server left to "stay" on? Your logic is flawed.

And secondly, I can assure you we are not 'imageneary'.

Edited by Chaori

Devious is beginning to sound like a fanboi.

The game has problems. If you cant see it you must be blind. We all want the game to do well, and be here for a long time, but if the problems are not fixed, you will eventually be moved to US servers and then the guildmates you keep harping about will leave and you will cry yourself to sleep.