Rotation For Rage Marauders

RyaneD

I am currently full Rage spec as a lvl 42 looking for a rotation that works for me. I looked at some videos but coulnd't find their rotation just gameplay. If you have a rotation that works for you or has known to work for others please post.

There is no "rotation" for any class.

Luckily, Rage is about as easy as easy gets (other than Pyro PT, which you could literally do whilst sleeping).

If you don't have Shockwave stacks, get Shockwave stacks (Berserk, Force Crush, Force Choke, in that order of preference, generally, any of which will give you 4 stacks).

If you have Shockwave stacks and don't have the Dominator buff (forced crit after Charge/Obliterate), use Charge or or Obliterate to get it.

If you have Shockwave stacks and have the Dominator buff, Smash something.

If you have extra Rage and you can't actively be doing any of the above, spam Vicious Slash.

If you need extra burst, Ravage something.

If you don't have enough Rage, and you don't have Berserk ready, use Battering Assault or Assault to get Rage.

Throughout all of this, laugh maniacally, due to the absurd level of overtuning of the Rage spec for PVP, and the massive, out-of-control AoE burst at your fingertips every 10 seconds or less. Which even the best players now have little recourse to avoid.

Awwwww yeahhhhhhh.

(p.s. BioWare, please add the wind-up back to Smash so there is some semblance of fairness, and the whole class doesn't get nerfed into the ground due to excessive whining, thanks!)

Edited by Omophorus

I am currently full Rage spec as a lvl 42 looking for a rotation that works for me. I looked at some videos but coulnd't find their rotation just gameplay. If you have a rotation that works for you or has known to work for others please post.

Are you serious?

There is no "rotation" for any class.

Luckily, Rage is about as easy as easy gets (other than Pyro PT, which you could literally do whilst sleeping).

If you don't have Shockwave stacks, get Shockwave stacks (Berserk, Force Crush, Force Choke, in that order of preference, generally, any of which will give you 4 stacks).

If you have Shockwave stacks and don't have the Dominator buff (forced crit after Charge/Obliterate), use Charge or or Obliterate to get it.

If you have Shockwave stacks and have the Dominator buff, Smash something.

If you have extra Rage and you can't actively be doing any of the above, spam Vicious Slash.

If you need extra burst, Ravage something.

If you don't have enough Rage, and you don't have Berserk ready, use Battering Assault or Assault to get Rage.

Throughout all of this, laugh maniacally, due to the absurd level of overtuning of the Rage spec for PVP, and the massive, out-of-control AoE burst at your fingertips every 10 seconds or less. Which even the best players now have little recourse to avoid.

Awwwww yeahhhhhhh.

(p.s. BioWare, please add the wind-up back to Smash so there is some semblance of fairness, and the whole class doesn't get nerfed into the ground due to excessive whining, thanks!)

Nice job summing it up. I'd like to add, the best time to use Ravage rotation wise, is right after you hit Berserk (assuming that Smash is down). This is because for 3 seconds after hitting berserk, using abilities that generate fury will not generate fury, due to you still having berserk stacks. This can leave you hanging by 4-6 fury once your rage is all used up, and with no good way to get those last few points.

If you have 4-6 rage already however, feel free to spam vicious slash during those few seconds while your rage is building, because otherwise you would have just gone over your max anyway.

Discovered that I had a lvl 33 mara (yeah I'm not really paying attention other than to the chars I usually play on) and figured that I might aswell level it for the buff. Thing is, I havent touched the class in months and don't know where to start.

Here's what I dont get though, people are saying that it's easy to play but when I look at my ability bars I see a crapload of abilites. Is there something I can completely ignore, kind of like saber use and tumult on sorc/sage, or are maras seriously using 22 different attacks (or however many there are)?

At this point it almost feels like it would have been easier for me to start from scratch. That way I'd be able to get the foundation again. It's on OCD thing, I don't like doing thing if it's going to be halfassed.