Lightning/madness hybrid question

Kurugi

Is this spec viable while leveling or is it mainly a spec for level 50?

While leveling would it be better to go up lightning first to get Backlash/Polarity Shift or would madness be better to get no cooldown on force lightning and wrath? Also does Polarity Shift increase the speed you channel force lightning?

If it is mainly a level 50 spec what would you suggest speccing for PvPing while leveling?

Thanks. :D

Until you get enough skill points to get both wrath and lightning barrage it's not worth using the hybrid build.

If you don't want to heal in pvp you might not enjoy it as a sorc, the only way you get defended is by being a healer, so you'll get burned down quickly.

Probably madness for pvp though before going hybrid, having no cooldown on force lightning is good, and the tree allows you to move more than lightning does.

Also yes, polarity shift increases the activation speed for force lightning.

Edited by I_Sithed_MyPants

Looks like the earliest I can have both Wrath and Lightning Barrage is 37. Would starting out in Madness and then building into Lightning once I get Wrath work, or would it be better to stick purely with Madness until I can get Barrage then respec?

Or I could just start with Corruption and focus on healing till then. Who knows I might end up liking that more.