The Shocker?

lellindil

Here is the idea for a hybrid build primarily focused on delivering good single target damage with decent survivability.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_inquisitor/assassin/#::ef4ef8ef7ce3fe4fe2fef2ef2ef4e2f5efef2

Basically it varies from the traditional Darkness/Madness build by fitting Induction from the Deception tree into the build. This should allow better force efficiency. The drawback is the build wastes a lot of points in the deception tree to get there.

Do you think that the talent points spent in the deception tree would be worth the force efficiency?

Would you stay with Dark Charge or would you possibly change up some talents and use another stance?

The alternative build would be Darkness up to Force Pull and Eye of the Storm, and Madness up to Raze. Which is a pretty straight forward leveling / tanking spec.

Thoughts?

That's pretty much the build I'm going to be using at 50 (for heavy PvP).

I'd suggest taking a point out of Chain Shock in favor of Force Pull though. There's very very little reason to avoid Force Pull just for a 15% proc chance of Chain Shock.

I also suggest taking a point out of Shroud of Darkness (1% endurance is nothing) and 1 point out of Thrashing Blades in favor of Lightning Recovery. You'll use Force Speed and Force Shroud all the time so it's a talent that should never be ignored for PvP.

Edited by Rade_Harkin

I haven't run any numbers with force lightning + harnessed shadows yet but it seems like the possible opportunity cost is a bit more burst damage with thrash + shock. Its PvE application seems strong though.

the 12% healing is nice but the range concerns me if recklessness isn't up. I also like to use recklessness when energize procs anyway for a bit more oomph.

I will be interested to hear how it goes.

I haven't run any numbers with force lightning + harnessed shadows yet but it seems like the possible opportunity cost is a bit more burst damage with thrash + shock. Its PvE application seems strong though.

the 12% healing is nice but the range concerns me if recklessness isn't up. I also like to use recklessness when energize procs anyway for a bit more oomph.

I will be interested to hear how it goes.

Thing is.. as a tank, you're always within 10m of your targets anyway. If not, Force Pull their asses into range and give it to them then.