Problems with PVP

Ahknorath

First off, my cursed friends lured me onto a PVP world with a preorder, and I personally suck at PVP. With all that said, could other Commando's provide me with tips on how to survive in world PVP scenarios

For example, today I've been getting camped by a Sith Inquisitor Assassin? and I know that's our "class killer" but I'm also far from using a PVP build and I refuse to play using the Assault spec because of my love for Demolition based characters. When he first attacked me I used Concussive Shock to knock him back and fired a couple of grav rounds at him then attempted to use full auto but he stnned me, by then was already at halfway so I popped a cooldown, reactive shield I think, and I nearly killed him but he luckily got me when I was pulling a group that pulled extra

Anyway, TLDR, tips for surviving, give us ideas(my friends call me insane for referring to myself to multiple persons.)

First off, my cursed friends lured me onto a PVP world with a preorder, and I personally suck at PVP. With all that said, could other Commando's provide me with tips on how to survive in world PVP scenarios

For example, today I've been getting camped by a Sith Inquisitor Assassin? and I know that's our "class killer" but I'm also far from using a PVP build and I refuse to play using the Assault spec because of my love for Demolition based characters. When he first attacked me I used Concussive Shock to knock him back and fired a couple of grav rounds at him then attempted to use full auto but he stnned me, by then was already at halfway so I popped a cooldown, reactive shield I think, and I nearly killed him but he luckily got me when I was pulling a group that pulled extra

Anyway, TLDR, tips for surviving, give us ideas(my friends call me insane for referring to myself to multiple persons.)

You have a skill called Tenacity. That would of got you out of the stun and since it sounds like a close fight, you would have killed him.

Also, you have a skill called Cryo Grenade, which in turn, would have stunned him as well. It would have allowed you to get that Full Auto off.

Those 2 abilities are very important in PvP. You also could have tried to get in close and use your Concussive Shock to disrupt his heal, or any other channeled abilities.

Edited by MonteStyle

Run around, don't jump, don't ever show your back to a sith assassin (They got backstab), use sticky grenade (low cost for high result), the talent that give shockstrike a knockback is extremely powerful in PvP.

Try knocking him down from a high place where he need to do a long walk to go back up.

Pew pew

If you're specced Gunnery for levelling, 1on1 PvP encounters will be HARD, unless you're facing noobs. Your talent-boosted abilities are long-cast/channeled and easily interruptable, and if you just rely on your instants you're not dealing enough damage to bring your opponent down.

Kind of reminds me of my old Fire Mage in WoW, although with less mobility and more armor.

Commando pro tips http://taugrim.com/2011/11/18/swtor-trooper-commando-pvp-video-combat-medic-16-in-huttball/

Vanguard pro tips http://taugrim.com/2011/12/09/swtor-trooper-vanguard-pvp-video-14-tactics-spec-in-alderaan/

Remember mover around alot, use auto run while always use your nr 1 skill hammer shot while moving around.Dont stand atill.

Edited by Lord_Karsk