Here's an idea...

Pax_Sanatio

for the Cartel Coin Store.

Instead of selling quick bars, which arguably hamper the player's ability to play the game at higher levels, why not give all four quick bars for free and instead sell the ability to customize the UI and sell available gameplay resolutions?

That way the Free-2-play player is not adversely constricted by lack of quick bars but they are restricted to screen resolution and ability to customized their UI.

Seems like a fair trade off for me.

/discuss

Instead of selling quick bars, which arguably hamper the player's ability to play the game at higher levels, why not give all four quick bars for free and instead sell the ability to customize the UI and sell available gameplay resolutions?

That way the Free-2-play player is not adversely constricted by lack of quick bars but they are restricted to screen resolution and ability to customized their UI.

/discuss

There is much less incentive to unlock screen customizations.

/discuss

The central idea of montizing the free side of a game is to earn money from it. So you want to monetize things that will sell... and even though it is pretty easy to play this game with just two quickbars (honestly it is).... the game gives you so many abilities and most people are to simple minded to sort through them to figure out what is really needed. So quick bars will sell well, and it's not like they cost very much at all in coins (and hence dollars).

Keep in mind the central theme here.... this is NOT A FREE GAME when it goes F2P. It's a dual access fee based game with some limited amount of content free to access. There is no benefit to Bioware by making it easy to play this game for free forevever. You want it to be broadly accessible, and give people options as to how they pay to access.. NOT make it free. It's a business, not a charity. I really don't understand why people don't understand this.

Edited by Andryah

Keep in mind the central theme here.... this is NOT A FREE GAME when it goes F2P. It's a dual access fee based game with some limited amount of content free to access. There is no benefit to Bioware by making it easy to play this game for free forevever. You want it to be broadly accessible, and give people options as to how they pay to access.. NOT make it free. It's a business, not a charity. I really don't understand why people don't understand this.

There's nothing common about common sense.

The central idea of montizing the free side of a game is to earn money from it. So you want to monetize things that will sell... and even though it is pretty easy to play this game with just two quickbars (honestly it is).... the game gives you so many abilities and most people are to simple minded to sort through them to figure out what is really needed. So quick bars will sell well, and it's not like they cost very much at all in coins (and hence dollars).

Isn't that just the hard way to say what I said? ;)