Carnage Gaming - 16 Man and 8 Man raiding recruitment

Nibbon

About Carnage

Republic - Carnage Gaming (main guild)

Imperial - Dark Carnage

Carnage is a raiding guild and was founded by dedicated mature raiders with the determination to conquer all end game content. Our guild consists of seasoned raiders who work well together and enjoy challenges. Carnage Gaming is a multi-game guild currently spanning WoW, Guild Wars, and Diablo 3, but is primarily a SWTOR guild. We can be found on the republic side and have a very small imp guild as well for our alts.

We welcome new people with a good sense of humor who are looking to enjoy a progression based environment, whether in PVE or PVP. Casual players also welcome! Our primary focus is 16 man which raids three days a week (Tues-Thurs) during progression and one-two days a week off-progression (Tues+Thurs). We very often do 8 man raids during other days of the week (which can include casual players, PVPers, or PVE alts).

Other benefits of joining carnage:

Very active mumble chatroom spanning multiple games

We have sponors! (func.net among others)

Tons of information on ops, FPs, classes in our forums

Chance to participate in every function that SWTOR has to offer

Updated website

Multi-game acceptance

High end raiding team

Our current progression is:

16 Man-

EC - Nightmare 4/4 (Server first Tanks, Server first Vorgath, Server first Kephess)

TFB - Hardmode 5/5 (Server first TWH, Server second TFB)

EC - Hardmode 4/4 (Server first, Krayt Dragon)

World first DreadTooth 10 stack kill

World first Dread Entity kill

PVE Recruitment

As far as we are aware, Carnage Gaming is the only raid team currently still doing 16 man content.

Carnage Gaming is seeking some additional raiders to fill our 16 man team. We are currently farming TFB HM and EC NiM. While we do have a few needs, we are open to recruiting all exceptional players at any time. Aside from our progression runs, we also run more casual 8 or 16 man raids throughout the week to gear up newer players and just for fun.

Our 16 man team is currently recruiting, even if your class is closed, if you are a dedicated player who knows the ins and outs of your class, we are interested in having you:

Recruitment is ALWAYS open - however we currently have no specific class/role needs. The more players we have, the more ops we can run!

-Sage DPS is are highest desire right now, especially one who can respec heals when needed

-Scoundrel healer would be pretty desirable right now, one who can respec to DPS even more so

-VG/GS would be third

If you wish to join for casual raiding, we are open to any class.

Our current raid times for 16 man are Tuesdays+Thursday: 7:30pm-11:30pm EST (we often end earlier)

When we are off progression we typically will cut out Thursday. If there are holidays falling on a raid day, we may move the raid to a Sunday or Monday.

Typical times for other non-progression raiding:

Saturday - late evening (time not set), this group is for non 16 man raiders only

Sunday - usually start at 7pm-11pm, this group usually rolls with some alts

Monday/Friday - Unorganized raid groups usually start around 7:30pm EST

If you are interested in applying - please visit our website: raidordie.com. Alternatively, to learn more, message Nibbin (alts: Foany and Mazrim-Taim) or Fuzzy (alt: Krypticz) in game.

PVP Recruitment

Carnage Gaming also has a dedicated PVP base. PVPers are not excluded from raiding, many of our top players do both. However, PVPers are never forced to raid - nor are they expected to.

We have no real requirements for our PVPers - if you enjoy PVP and our dedicated to it, we will likely give you the PVP rank. We would like to bolster our PVP rank to create a community of PVPers that are on at all hours. Anyone who is dedicated to PVP will have a chance of participating in a Ranked PVP team. We use mumble to coordinate all our matches and offer multiple channels for multiple groups.

Those who are interested can apply on our website raidordie.com or speak to Jemashie in game.

Casual Players and Guild Absorption

We do also welcome casual players! If you have a good attitude and would like a community of players to communicate with through our mumble channels, Carnage may be the guild for you. Casual players are never expected to raid or PVP, but may be invited to do so.

If you are interested in joining as a casual player, please apply on our website raidordie.com or whisper Nibbin or Fuzzy in game.

If any guild is interested in looking for a new home, we have absorbed a few guilds rather successfully in our maturation to a full 16 man raiding guild - in fact, it is our foundation. If you are interested in discussing a possible guild absorption, please contact Nibbin or Netto in game.

Edited by Nibbon

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Carnage,

Quick questions please if you dont mind... I have 4 level 50s already but all of them are Imp side and I recently just rolled a Jedi Guard Tank on your side. Having seen your folks MANY times in the field on my other toons I have always been interested in your guild. If I were to apply, does your guild take recruits that are not level 50 and do you also take recruits if they wish to apply to certain teams in your guild like to only PVP? I actually want to pvp AND pve on Reb side but right at the moment timewise I am crunched for doing raids due to some real life issues going on.

If you could get back to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Hello Carnage,

Quick questions please if you dont mind... I have 4 level 50s already but all of them are Imp side and I recently just rolled a Jedi Guard Tank on your side. Having seen your folks MANY times in the field on my other toons I have always been interested in your guild. If I were to apply, does your guild take recruits that are not level 50 and do you also take recruits if they wish to apply to certain teams in your guild like to only PVP? I actually want to pvp AND pve on Reb side but right at the moment timewise I am crunched for doing raids due to some real life issues going on.

If you could get back to me I would appreciate it.

Thanks!!

Thanks for your questions - I'll try to cover everything:

-We will take sub-50 toons if they have level 50s on the Imp side. In general we want all our members Republic toons to be in our guild, but we don't really have a strong Imp guild, so that would be the exception.

-For PVP - yes we have many members that only PVP. There is no compulsion to raid unless you want to be a regular raider. We need people for backup roles more than we do for main slots anyways.

-If you joined solely to PVP, you can still PVE, but it would be by invite and need and your slot would be subordinate to main raiders on the progression team only. We do other raids aside from our progression runs (we consider farming/gearing our progression team as part of progression runs) on most days of the week off the normal raid schedule. One such raid group is our Sunday raiders.

Hope that answers most of your questions/concerns. Feel free to whisper Nibbin/Foany in game to discuss more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Big recruitment update:

We are busy establishing another raid group for Saturday raids. We now have a raid pretty much every single night in one manner or another so there is plenty of opportunity to join in almost every night of the week.

This past week we did a full TFB SM, the SM EC weekly, HM KP weekly in under 2 hours on a Thursday.

All classes are welcome to apply to our non-16 man raid groups (The set ones are Saturday and Sunday currently, they are independent of one another).

For our 16 man the current recruitment focus is:

anyone capable of doing 1800+ DPS and running into the right shield consistently.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated original post with progression, 8 man info, recruitment info ...

highlights: 16 man is essentially closed, but if you an consistently pull off 1800+ DPS you would probably have the ability to win a raid slot.

Still recruiting for 8 man raids, focus is on weekend raiders (pretty much all classes here)

and of course - 16 man downed tanks, server first, go us!

• 3 weeks later...

Our SWTOR guild has currently opened recruitment for our 16 man operations team! It has been a very long time since we have truly opened up recruitment for our 16 man ops team, but we do have some opportunities for a select few to immediately make an impact and join our team.

As a reminder, we are a republic side guild.

We are currently looking for:

1 shadow or vanguard tank (strong preference towards VG)

2-3 ranged DPS (Strong preference to gunslinger - secondary preference to sage)

All other exceptional players should feel free to apply, however it should be noted that we are completely full on sentinels and really have no need for mdps at this time unless you are willing to take a backup role.

In order to join you must be able to meet our progression raid schedule, as well as be willing to use mumble.

Our progression raid schedule is:

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday @ 7:30pm EST - 11:30pm EST

We do occasionally raid on either Sunday or Monday in place of the other days if there is a holiday.

Above all we are looking for dedicated players who know their class inside out. You should know what your min/max looks like and you should know the best spec for your class. You should be willing to take suggestions as to how to improve your gameplay (we have many theorycrafters in our guild who put a lot of time into running numbers).

You need not be geared, but it is preferable that you have at least run story mode in every operation and hard mode in EV/KP. If you have not done that yet, it is OK, we can still talk - we are fine with teaching as long as you are a fast learner.

Upon being invited, you will have a 2 week assessment period - we will be forthright on whether we think you have a shot or not.

If you are interested in applying please use our application link on the top menu bar of our website: http://www.raidordie.com. You may also whisper Fuzzy (alt: Krypticz) or Nibbin (alts: Foany, Mazrim-Taim) in game.

Thanks for your interest!

Edited by Nibbon

Still looking for a few more people. If you are an exceptionally good player we are interested in speaking with you.

we are specifically looking for:

1 vanguard tank

1 ranged dps

If you are comfortable in a backup position, feel free to apply as well and indicate so in your application.

apply here: http://www.raidordie.com

As a reminder, we are currently the only full time 16 man raid group on the entire server. We are a multi-game sponsored gaming community. Our big two games are SWTOR (16 man republic) and WoW (25 man).

Edited by Nibbon

Nibbon! Always enjoy shooting the **** with you while waiting for queues to pop or when we are clearing trash in NiM EC.

Carnage Gaming are good people... but you should join the The Gray Order instead. :p

Regards,

KK

Hah, thanks Krazy :p

Carnage Gaming is very happy to announce that Shot First has joined CGI's ranks to bolster the raid and pvp teams. We are extremely excited about the fit, what we look to accomplish, and what we have already accomplished (world first DreadTooth 5 stack kill!).

That being said, as this is our recruitment thread, recruitment is still open!

While we are not particularly sure yet what roles we need to fill, I can say that with the higher number of dedicated raiders brought into our midst, we should be able to easily roll with 2+ raid groups and field more raid days in general. So now is a great time to throw in an app!

Apply at: http://www.raidordie.com

We are proud to announce we have officially cleared EC NiM in 16 man! Server first and world #7. We currently also hold the world first kill of DreadTooth in 5 stacks.

Our work is never done, however, as we look forward to tackling increasing stacks of DreadTooth in Section X.

Recruitment is open as we look to add numbers to our dedicated PvP crew (now regularly running premade and ranked groups) and create new raid groups doing both 8 and 16 man raiding content. While we only maintain one true progression group, we run nightly raids (sometimes multiple groups) every night!

Edited by Nibbon

Hi there, I actually heard of your guild thanks to dulfys website and it surprises me to learn that I was on the server you guys are on :)

I did have a few questions if its not too much trouble

1. Do you guys allow in casual players? I like to raid and I have a lot of raiding experience (7 years in WoW) but little interest in mega hard-core raiding, maybe raiding once or twice a week at most.

2. The only 50 republic character I have is a scoundrel who's woefully undergeared (I was mostly empire before I took a break from the game) but I AM working on a vanguard who I was planning to tank/DPS with (having quite a lot of fun with him), also have a near level cap sage who I would heal with (have a healing sorc and I like their healing style)

3. Do you guys do things other than raid/PVP, IE do you guys go after world bosses/just go out and have fun little guild events?

I guess what I'm mostly wondering is are you guys a rather social guild that doesn't mind having more casual people in it who can drop in for off night raids? Appreciate any answers.

Hi there, I actually heard of your guild thanks to dulfys website and it surprises me to learn that I was on the server you guys are on :)

I did have a few questions if its not too much trouble

1. Do you guys allow in casual players? I like to raid and I have a lot of raiding experience (7 years in WoW) but little interest in mega hard-core raiding, maybe raiding once or twice a week at most.

2. The only 50 republic character I have is a scoundrel who's woefully undergeared (I was mostly empire before I took a break from the game) but I AM working on a vanguard who I was planning to tank/DPS with (having quite a lot of fun with him), also have a near level cap sage who I would heal with (have a healing sorc and I like their healing style)

3. Do you guys do things other than raid/PVP, IE do you guys go after world bosses/just go out and have fun little guild events?

I guess what I'm mostly wondering is are you guys a rather social guild that doesn't mind having more casual people in it who can drop in for off night raids? Appreciate any answers.

1. Yes we allow casual raiders. It is funny that you say you will raid only once or twice, our progression raid group only really raids twice a week (albeit, for about 4 hours per night).

2. We don't care what your gear is if you are casual, but that may effect your ability to get in raids (but again, not to get in the guild).

3. DreadTooth is a world boss. There are no other world bosses we would really consider fun (except maybe Nightmare Pilgrim which we already farmed to death). We do have some guild events and try to do some fun things once in a while (we just had a 3 man EV SM Night - but we plan on doing some more different things going forward). Our main focus is our PvE and PvP content.

Extra credit: We like being social -- we like having people just to chat with. I will say this, though, if you get in a raid you are expected to be in it to completion (that is until the raid is done either by clearing or by reaching the end of our raid time).

We also do many non-progression focused raids - like EV HM or EC HM from time to time - these raids usually happen on a whim.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Nibbon

1. Yes we allow casual raiders. It is funny that you say you will raid only once or twice, our progression raid group only really raids twice a week (albeit, for about 4 hours per night).

2. We don't care what your gear is if you are casual, but that may effect your ability to get in raids (but again, not to get in the guild).

3. DreadTooth is a world boss. There are no other world bosses we would really consider fun (except maybe Nightmare Pilgrim which we already farmed to death). We do have some guild events and try to do some fun things once in a while (we just had a 3 man EV SM Night - but we plan on doing some more different things going forward). Our main focus is our PvE and PvP content.

Extra credit: We like being social -- we like having people just to chat with. I will say this, though, if you get in a raid you are expected to be in it to completion (that is until the raid is done either by clearing or by reaching the end of our raid time).

We also do many non-progression focused raids - like EV HM or EC HM from time to time - these raids usually happen on a whim.

Hope that helps.

Oh that helps immensely, and I can assure you that if I sign up for/want to get in a raid I stay till its over unless an IRL emergency happens.

I'll look into dropping an app, or if you like I can just hit someone up in game, thank you for taking time to answer my questions. :jawa_smile:

Edited by Twickers

Hello everyone - first I want to thank all the applicants we have received since downing the entity - the exposure has been great for us and we certainly got a nice flux in applicants.

That being said, I would like to announce two things:

1. We have recently had the core PvP team of OMG Pink join Carnage and have started running ranked teams more regularly (I believe we had 20 people PvPing at once last night). Welcome to all our new PvP players!

2. While we never close recruitment, the flux of applicants has to lead me to announce that if you apply to us in order to join our main 16 man ops team, you may be disappointed, or finding yourself in a long wait. We essentially use a best available selection system for progression, so you would need to find an opportunity to prove yourself to get in. This basically means you need to run raids inside the guild, but outside progression (we run a ton of these). So while there are plenty of opportunities, the competition is extremely high (I don't believe we have a single DPS under 1800 at this point). We currently have no specific needs.

If you are interested, please feel free to apply at http://www.raidordie.com (it can never hurt to get your app on file and to talk to one of the officers). We are definitely open to having any PvPer join us, just apply!

Thanks again, everyone!

• 1 month later...

Been over a month since I updated our recruitment plans -- so here it is.

Please note the front page is currently outdated and I do not plan on updating it until after 2.0 comes out.

As for actual recruitment - we are currently only looking at exceptional candidates and have no holes to fill. We are looking for people, both on the PvE and PvP sides, that are extremely good at their classes, have done all the fights, and hardly need any instruction - that come prepared and know the fights ahead of time.

Purely on the PvE side: if you can show up on time to our raids (currently just Tuesday and Thursday at 7:30PM eastern) and be one of the top DPSers or top healers - please feel free to apply on our website:

http://www.raidordie.com

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

We have a bit of a better idea of what we want going into 2.0 now and so wanted to get that info out there ...

In general, we will take anyone who is truly exceptional at their class. Anyone who is willing to respec is slightly more desirable (bounce between tank and dps or heal and dps).

I'd say our number one desired class right now is a Sage DPS or a Scoundrel healer

below that, an excellent vanguard and gunslinger

What makes an exceptional player?

Someone who comes prepared, knowing the fights ahead of time. Someone who puts in the time to min/max their gear. Someone who does not need to be told to move out of stuff. Someone who can stick to our raid schedule.

As a reminder, we will be raiding on Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30pm-11 or 11:30pm ET and either Wednesdays or Sundays.

If you can only make some of those days, feel free to apply on our website stating so:

Update:

We have a bit of a better idea of what we want going into 2.0 now and so wanted to get that info out there ...

In general, we will take anyone who is truly exceptional at their class. Anyone who is willing to respec is slightly more desirable (bounce between tank and dps or heal and dps).

I'd say our number one desired class right now is a Sage DPS or a Scoundrel healer

below that, an excellent vanguard and gunslinger

What makes an exceptional player?

Someone who comes prepared, knowing the fights ahead of time. Someone who puts in the time to min/max their gear. Someone who does not need to be told to move out of stuff. Someone who can stick to our raid schedule.

As a reminder, we will be raiding on Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30pm-11 or 11:30pm ET and either Wednesdays or Sundays.

If you can only make some of those days, feel free to apply on our website stating so:

We pugg'd a Xeno HM 16 man on the first event with some of your guys and it went really well haha, we were all surprised (Meatbags) While we're not looking for a new guild or anything we wouldn't mind running some OPS with ya'll.

If you ever need to Fill anything hit us up in game. We're not super duper serious per se but we're all exceptional raiders IMO. And we're actually looking to do TFB thursday night around 8pm. We'll probably have 8... Only caveat is we've been on a SWTOR hiatus since GW2 (some of us) so while everyone is at least all 61'd out from 6 months ago 1 or 2 guys are still learning the fights 100% but shouldn't be an issue because they're not idiots.

Main is Yørk (alt + 0248 for the o)

Alts pub side: Mathiu, Flik, Haggar, Pahn

As far as IMPS go we're actually looking for an IMP guild. Some of us have multiple 50s imp side others will have some soon.

Let me know if interested.

Edited by Chesty_Jake

We pugg'd a Xeno HM 16 man on the first event with some of your guys and it went really well haha, we were all surprised (Meatbags) While we're not looking for a new guild or anything we wouldn't mind running some OPS with ya'll.

If you ever need to Fill anything hit us up in game. We're not super duper serious per se but we're all exceptional raiders IMO. And we're actually looking to do TFB thursday night around 8pm. We'll probably have 8... Only caveat is we've been on a SWTOR hiatus since GW2 (some of us) so while everyone is at least all 61'd out from 6 months ago 1 or 2 guys are still learning the fights 100% but shouldn't be an issue because they're not idiots.

Main is Yørk (alt + 0248 for the o)

Alts pub side: Mathiu, Flik, Haggar, Pahn

As far as IMPS go we're actually looking for an IMP guild. Some of us have multiple 50s imp side others will have some soon.

Let me know if interested.

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll take this as an opening to state where we stand for 2.0.

We are currently very comfortable fielding a strong team of 16 on the pub side. This recruitment is purely to fill in some patches. Meaning, while we are looking for backups, what we want to be able to do is field the strongest team of 16 players that we can. Our goal is to continue being competitive in the server/worldwide rankings (which also means we need to have all raid attendees in guild, anyway).

As for alliances, we are always open to them - I encourage you to whisper Nibbin when you see I am online. We can at least begin a dialogue and add to friends list. While we raid multiple times a week outside our regular raid schedule, we want to provide our players with other opportunities to raid as well, whether inside or outside Carnage.

As for our Imperial guild - we are in the midst of restructuring. The guild name is Dark Carnage. I'll state as plainly as we can, the imp side is not a focus of ours. We have worked hard to get the pub side of the guild to where it is and it would require quite a bit of work to the same on the imp side. That being said - if a smaller guild had an interest in joining the Carnage network - and focusing on building our imp guild - we can provide them our extra resources: Mumble server, Website and forums, internal strategies and theory-crafting, guild funds, etc.