Origin Double Bill - Check your CC

Kalevryn

I thought it should be brought to everyones attention; I suggest that you check your credit card statemenst if you ordered online. Myself, and my brother in law were both charged twice for digital deluxe editions. Once on the 16th, and again today. Only one email was ever sent with info on my product key

Sorry if this is out there, but I searched the last 8 pages, and don't seem to have an active search function.

I just noticed it now, and Origin does not have support currently available so I don't know where the mistake is, but I'm sure it's correctable. On my origin account it shows the DDE and the Pre-Order as active games.

I'll post here again if there is an update in case others have had the same problem.

Devs, I realize this isn't an SWTOR issue, but thought this was the easiest way to get it out.

My account shows something similar, as I was charged twice on the 19th (today) for $74.99 (the price of the DDE minus the $5 pre-order down-payment which was charged months ago). But it also shows a reversal of $74.99 today, as well. So it looks like, at least for me, they recognized the mistake and credited the account.

Which, after thinking about it, would be bad for people who didn't have enough in their account to cover both charges. Luckily I did.

EDIT: As far as pre-authorization charges go, my online banking it set up to not display them on the regular list of debits. Also, pre-authorization charges are only to see if the account exists, so they are usually in the form of $1 or less. They are not there to see if you have enough money in the account, because if you don't either the bank/CC company will pay it and charge you an overdraft/overlimit fee, or it will get returned to EA as being denied and you won't get access to the game.

If they did do a pre-authorization of the full purchase amount that is just poor business practice, as it will show as a deduction from your account and could result in overdraft fees.

Edited by ChadDS

Companies do this. Even when you go to the gas station they do this as well. Its to verify that the account is in fact real and not falsified. The second one is the actual charge. In 3-5 days the first charge won't even show up.

I have never had my credit card charged twice for any purchase I have ever done. It shows as an active monetary withdrawl with invoice numbers listed.

My account shows something similar, as I was charged twice on the 19th (today) for $74.99 (the price of the DDE minus the $5 pre-order down-payment which was charged months ago). But it also shows a reversal of $74.99 today, as well. So it looks like, at least for me, they recognized the mistake and credited the account.

Which, after thinking about it, would be bad for people who didn't have enough in their account to cover both charges. Luckily I did.

This is the purpose of my post. I also am not in a rough spot missing the $80 at the moment, but I'm sure there are many people that used their debit/visa card and may have a rude awakening if say rent tries to come out, or perhaps a car payment

I got lucky, only got hit once, or at least so far. Two charges would have put me over by about 10 bucks as I use this card and account for online purchases only, and don't keep much money in it. Of course the 39 dollar overdraft fee would have made me very upset, and if they are double charging people, it might be a problem for some.