How will F2P affect the "Refer a Friend" speeder promotion?

KPureblade

Hello!

Just a real quick question. I have some friends that are interested in playing SWTOR for the first time once Free to Play launches. My question is, if I refer a friend that decides to play Free to Play style, does that award the promotional speeder to me, or do they have to actually subscribe? I'm assuming the person playing Free to Play style will still have to buy a retail copy of the game, so I am wondering if that is enough to award for the promotion.

Thanks!

I'm assuming they've accounted for this, but buying a retail copy gives you a free month of subscription. So new players will come in with a month of full access, and then lose everything upon that month expiring. I'm assuming this means they won't go into preferred status after the free month, because otherwise it would be impossible to be non-preferred.

I'm assuming they've accounted for this, but buying a retail copy gives you a free month of subscription. So new players will come in with a month of full access, and then lose everything upon that month expiring. I'm assuming this means they won't go into preferred status after the free month, because otherwise it would be impossible to be non-preferred.

Being free to play, they might stop making hard copies of the game and just let it be free to download.