Only one more wave of invites today ..

pottedfrog

I'll be satisfied if someone from BW posts what they have learned so far from the early waves and what the rest of us can expect over the next few days.

I'm resigned to the fact that I'm not getting in today, but yet I'm still trolling the forums in hopes of getting a better idea of when I will get in.

I believe that 80% of the frustration & complaints are due to the lack of a soft estimate of when people will get in.

That is what has me upset. If they would have sent an email to me informing me of the day, like I assumed they would in the first place.. Hit f5, ***

I think they're being smart by not adding more waves. The servers may be handling the traffic right now, but many people, like myself, are at work and can't play. I'm betting the servers get slammed sometime after 5pm eastern time.

I'm probably still several days out with my invite since I didn't order until the beginning of October, and I'm fine with that. I can't play anyway until Friday.

The whole point of staggered start was to ensure that the starter zones werent overcrowded and from what I have been watching they arent.

So then why wouldnt there be a constant wave after wave of invites? Server population caps can be increased so that isnt an issue.

Bioware? EA? CSR?

Would love an official answer to this.

Actually, the point of the staggered start was not overcrowding (they have shards to take care of that) but to make sure the login and game servers did not have a cardiac arrest as millions of people hit them at the same time.

Anyone that entered their code after the first day was delusional in thinking they would get in first day.

Not to seem harsh, but early bird gets the worm. You will get early access in the order of wich you redeemed your code. This has been stated thousands of times (literally) There should be no shock and awe. I love all the :eek:"I can not believe I am not in yet" threads. Like whining on the forums has ever netted a positive result.

That would be great and fair in the full nature of things, the prob is i know at least 3 people who didnt put thier codes in till aug/sep who are in yet me and a lot more who have first day or two codes confirmed on our account havnt heard a damn thing about any codes or early entry, as to what someone said earlier about 15th being the day guess he didnt receive the new mails that said 13th since they were pulling release day from 22nd 12 to 20th 12.

I think what most are moaning about and they do have that right to moan, wheher it does anything or not to thier time in the ques :p is a lack of seeming fairness and a lack of communication, if this is how they are going to go forward as a company then gl to them in the current financial climate keeping as many happy with your product as possible from day 1 is the only way to stay ahead, personally ill get in when I get in, rumours have it there wernt even any EU servers ready at launch (remembers beta stress test was same) so not missed much :)

Just my Two Cents.

I'm not asking for eveyone in, I'm not even asking for myself, I'm asking them to do more than just a few waves - especially as this it the first day of their EGA. Don't quote 'server stability / stress control' becuase that was why they had stress-test weekends.

As for complaining? I'm hardly complaining lol, just asking them to do more waves (as 1mill + pre-orders take a while to go through) :)

ok, but good things come to all those that wait. just relax... :)

I don't understand why anyone would take twitter postings as reality for how this EGA will happen... Nor why anyone at Bioware would post intimate details of how they are going to do the EGA on something like twitter... hell I don't even have a twitter account nor will I ever. Seriously just lets all have some patience.

As stated on Twitter this is only one more 'wave' of invites to go out today - seriously ?

Considering the number of people who pre-ordered on the first couple of days who are still waiting for access, you would think this company would do a lot more than 4 waves + 1 bonus 'wave' of emails.

I know I won't get in for a couple of days (being a late pre-order) but throw the dog a bone and give the rest of the community a bit of goodwill with more waves :)

They could give out more waves, but remember, not everyone who got in today has been able to login. Some are at work, out, don't know it yet, etc. Until everyone is invited and logs in, they won't have a good picture of population, so it's a bad idea to just keep inviting, then later tonight have 9 hour queues all voer.

ok lets just have everyone on and then you would complain of login issues, server lag and massive queues.

Keep Calm and SWTOR On

75% of the Servers are listed as Low Population with 25% as "standard"

the streamers playing atm from the first wave, can not even get a Battleground going as there's no1 to play against that are queuing

75% of the Servers are listed as Low Population with 25% as "standard"

the streamers playing atm from the first wave, can not even get a Battleground going as there's no1 to play against that are queuing

whats so hard to understand that the avererage age of this MMOs demographic is 27-48? which means we are all.. I dunno.. WORKING...