Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cartel Market Video Walkthrough

apocolyptos

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm outright disgusted by their free to play model.

When they first announced free to play I told some of my old friends that are still playing WoW about it, but... I can't bring myself to give them an update on the subject. This isn't free to play. It feels more like an extortion. They said that people would have a choice; pay for a full subscription or weekly passes for the aspects of the game that they enjoy playing. Pfft, empty words. >:|

I would've loved to pay for Warzones only seeing as I don't play Operations. If I ever want to play an operation, then I could use a pass for that. But I still want the minor luxuries of the game, such as HIDING MY HELMET! I have to waste more than half of all the cartel coins I've earned for having stayed subscribed for all those months and buying CE just so that I can wear my gear!!

Free to play my ***. They said they didn't want to do pay to win but, I'd say they already have. Can you imagine playing level 50 pvp with only one toolbar? I certainly can't. Most classes requires three, but I'd say that operatives and scoundrels require four. The minimum should be four so that you can at least play the damned game. The fifth or sixth could be purchasable, I myself manage with only 4. Extortion comes to mind again...

Frankly, I think that this "free" to play model will scare a lot of people away from the game and it won't do any good for the company's reputation.

Edited by Majspuffen

I'm outright disgusted by their free to play model.

When they first announced free to play I told some of my old friends that are still playing WoW about it, but... I can't bring myself to give them an update on the subject. This isn't free to play. It feels more like an extortion. They said that people would have a choice; pay for a full subscription or weekly passes for the aspects of the game that they enjoy playing. Pfft, empty words. >:|

I would've loved to pay for Warzones only seeing as I don't play Operations. If I ever want to play an operation, then I could use a pass for that. But I still want the minor luxuries of the game, such as HIDING MY HELMET! I have to waste more than half of all the cartel coins I've earned for having stayed subscribed for all those months and buying CE just so that I can wear my gear!!

Free to play my ***. They said they didn't want to do pay to win but, I'd say they already have. Can you imagine playing level 50 pvp with only one toolbar? I certainly can't. Most classes requires three, but I'd say that operatives and scoundrels require four. The minimum should be four so that you can at least play the damned game. The fifth or sixth could be purchasable, I myself manage with only 4. Extortion comes to mind again...

Frankly, I think that this "free" to play model will scare a lot of people away from the game and it won't do any good for the company's reputation.

The benefit to it being on the PTS is that we get to provide feedback in order to stop some of this nonsensical money-grubbing before it happens. Make sure you provide your feedback to BioWare so that we can get this to change before it goes live!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.