Your record watchman dmg/heals?

JediMasterSLC

I'd be surprised to learn that no one has ever broken 200k. The team we were playing was not bad (neither team capped the 1st door), but my group got fairly lucky with our pug healers so we outslayed them hard. If I had the 6% bonus force crit chance in the focus tree, a little more crit chance from gear, hadn't died that game, and tried to farm healing instead of getting lots of kills, I might've gotten pretty close. Even if someone hasn't done it yet it's only a matter of time.

I'd be surprised to learn that no one has ever broken 200k. The team we were playing was not bad (neither team capped the 1st door), but my group got fairly lucky with our pug healers so we outslayed them hard. If I had the 6% bonus force crit chance in the focus tree, a little more crit chance from gear, hadn't died that game, and tried to farm healing instead of getting lots of kills, I might've gotten pretty close. Even if someone hasn't done it yet it's only a matter of time.

As a watchman I find the 6% force crit increase from the focus tree a must. Where do you put those three extra points?

I've gotten some sick healing numbers in the past, with massive dps, pretty much on par with what you had. Whether it was over or under I don't know, I never took screenshots of it. But it was under pretty much the same circumstances. Elite healers keeping you alive, and elite level Mara/Sent melting face uber hard.

I have gotten like 990ish dps before in a very short Novare Coast, suffice to say alot of healers died very painfully that day.

I'm surprised that the other team didn't have more healers. My question is this, what was your healing per second? I've broken some ridiculous numbers before and my average is 290 on the WZ dummy.

But like I said, that is most impressive and that is exactly what an elite level Mara/Sent looks like. Take note people, when you see this guy in a WZ, you should focus fire him first and then worry about the healers, or else you're all gonna die very painfully... over and over and over! :D

Edited by AsiriusNazriel

You just need a really long novare stalemate so long so a watchman can get 300k healing medal xD but the spec is kinda a dying breed atm though i still prefer it..

At spec above i'm surprised you don't take defensive roll its kinda crucial with the amount of rage/focus spec going about..

Edited by AngusFTW

Just grabbed a calculator and checked, you were doing 199 heals/second. Which is very doable and means that you have almost 0 downtime between attacking opponents, killing them, and switching to the next target. That explains the heals and the very high dps. Awesome! Edited by AsiriusNazriel

You just need a really long novare stalemate so long so a watchman can get 300k healing medal xD but the spec is kinda a dying breed atm though i still prefer it..

At spec above i'm surprised you don't take defensive roll its kinda crucial with the amount of rage/focus spec going about..

Yeah I usually have defensive roll instead of the increased focus on leap.

Just grabbed a calculator and checked, you were doing 194.4 heals/second. Which is very doable and means that you have almost 0 downtime between attacking opponents, killing them, and switching to the next target. That explains the heals and the very high dps. Awesome!

You took 179.5k / 15 min voidstar / 60 seconds? Because I get 199/s from that :)

Just my humble opinion, I would take the 2 points out of Watchguard in the Watchman tree, the 2 points in Master Focus in the focus tree and the point in Jedi Crusader in the Combat tree and put 3 points into Insight in the Focus tree and 2 points into Steadfast in Combat.

Reason being, you crit is already very low. So is mine. I tried this out this last week and I do not even notice the increased CD of Master Strike and you only lose out on a bonus 8% damage on one ability. We all know that in fast paced PvP with stuns and knockbacks, its rare to get a full Master Strike off anyways. The +2% crit is just a pure stat increase at all times.

More importantly, I ran into issues when pulling mods that I had to leave some accuracy mods in my gear to still come close to cap. When I freed up 2 points for Steadfast, thats a base 2% increase in accuracy freeing me up to pull those enhancements for power and surge mods making me hit noticeable harder. Just my experiences.

Just my humble opinion, I would take the 2 points out of Watchguard in the Watchman tree, the 2 points in Master Focus in the focus tree and the point in Jedi Crusader in the Combat tree and put 3 points into Insight in the Focus tree and 2 points into Steadfast in Combat.

Reason being, you crit is already very low. So is mine. I tried this out this last week and I do not even notice the increased CD of Master Strike and you only lose out on a bonus 8% damage on one ability. We all know that in fast paced PvP with stuns and knockbacks, its rare to get a full Master Strike off anyways. The +2% crit is just a pure stat increase at all times.

More importantly, I ran into issues when pulling mods that I had to leave some accuracy mods in my gear to still come close to cap. When I freed up 2 points for Steadfast, thats a base 2% increase in accuracy freeing me up to pull those enhancements for power and surge mods making me hit noticeable harder. Just my experiences.

Oh and just as a reference, my stats are literally almost identical to yours as far as main hand damage, crit, surg and endurance.

Edited by Kirothen

The current gear setup requires a set value for accuracy+surge. If you know how to customize your gear right, accuracy will only tradeoff with surge and vice versa. You can get to about 95% accuracy in watchman/focus while still having more than enough surge (dat DR). Do you have the companion buffs? Besides, 1% accuracy per skill point is a bad return on investment.

1/2 points in Jedi Crusader is worth it in every spec: it provides similar focus generation as having 2/2 points if youre being wailed on with rebuke on (if youre taking multiple sources of dmg every GCD/1.5 secs, the 50% chance to proc becomes less relevant).. I take 2/2 in combat because combat has the most rigid spec allocation(5/34/2).

8% increased dmg on master strike is significant- even though it won't get to the 3rd strike a lot, it's still worth the 2 points in every spec. Though I'll admit that if I were to pick only 1 spec to take that talent out of, it would be watchman.

Regarding Inner Focus, I sure would appreciate 6% extra crit chance on non-zen burns, but I don't think it's worth 3 points.

As watchman you should be sitting on healers (i prefer sorcs), so a 6s interrupt is very nice, you should take it.

Side note: my typical watchman spec sacrifices the 2 points in focused leap for 2/2 in defense roll (smashers OP). Not having focused leap means you don't have enough focus to leap, OS, ZS, cauterize, merciless, and cauterize again if you start the leap w/ 0 focus, but oh well.

I don't take inflamation or stagger, those are the points for defensive roll :) ever since the buff to focus it's like mandatory.

If I'm facing somebody who wants to run away I'll use whatever's available, choke, leap, leg slash to keep em in 4m :p

once I get better at min/maxin my gear I'll prolly try combat again, at vanilla level wh it feels odd to not have leap available at all times/distances.

I don't take inflamation or stagger, those are the points for defensive roll :) ever since the buff to focus it's like mandatory.

If I'm facing somebody who wants to run away I'll use whatever's available, choke, leap, leg slash to keep em in 4m :p

once I get better at min/maxin my gear I'll prolly try combat again, at vanilla level wh it feels odd to not have leap available at all times/distances.

Hmmm... link your spec if you don't mind. I don't take stagger in watchman either but inflamation is pretty much a must after they buffed the slow from 30 to 50%. Stasis obviously has a 1 min cd (and doesn't prevent them from running away at the same speed after your channeled stun is over...), and leg slash does little dmg, so you don't want to be forced to use it in your first couple GCDs after leaping someone to prevent kiting. A leap, (OS) ZS, cauterize, merciless, etc. opening rotation does more dmg than any rotation that includes leg slash. Inflammation allows you to do this effectively if you're being kited. Even though you won't be able to keep the cauterize slow on the target all the time, the skill still significantly increases your ability flexibility. When the cauterize slow ends or is about to end and you're still being kited, then you leg slash. Trust me it's worth the 2 points.

As far as not having a 0m leap in all specs: meh, you get used to it. It's especially not a big deal in combat spec with your anti-kiting tools.