RP Partner re-roll

Mando

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a thought whilst falling asleep last night (best place to have great thoughts except I usually forget them lol) even if we do split up we could easily create a custom channel to keep in touch. We could even make two one Ooc and one an IC comlink or something.

Unfortunatly for me im EU and work nights, so im working at the times your likly to be on otherwise id join you.

As im finding this idea facinating, I would like to follow your story. would be intresting to see how it plays out and the twists it takes.

On a side note im going to try get one of these going on my EU server.

An OCC channel wouldn't be to bad, I think, to keep in touch with one another from the different groups! The idea of posting a weekly update would be nice as well! I wouldn't mind reading/writing up a little short piece at all. It would also give an idea to other groups of what we are doing and how we could, possibly, mingle and mix out stories later down the line.

RigbyC: I wish you the best of luck getting a group together to try this! Let us know how it goes! :)

Looks like we've started something here, this is great to see. And best of luck to everyone who is not able to participate in this! One last thing I'd like to discuss before I make our groups and get this thing rolling.There is a problem with starting, say a group of four Jedi, and this is because of class quest phases. If we all wanted to do Jedi, we'd probably split it up as two Knights, and two Consulars. But! Every time we came up to a class quest phase we'd have to play through the whole thing twice to get it to update for each player. Not really a huge problem but it would create continuity problems for our own stories. We can't have one Knight save Mr. Whoever and the other Knight kill him and then try to RP about that. So... This is my idea, shoot it down if you want... But we have six people, it would be easiest to split us up as four, and two. That way with our four we can have both Jedi, Smuggler and Trooper, and then meet up on Coruscant. Splitting us up 3 and 3 would mean having two of the same class together, hence the problem I stated above.

Unless we can come up with something else, it's probably got to be 4 and 2, and then try and all RP together whenever we can. Although it gets harder to RP with more people, because everyone is trying to post at once and it's not like play-by-post on here where you can have that. I'm sure we can work something out though, we'll get the hang of it. Thoughts?

I really like the idea of updating this weekly! If we do the 4 and 2 group that would really help. Hope to get this started pretty soon :mon_cool:

Splitting the group 4-2 isn't bad, per say... But, if we could try to pull two more people in somehow, that would be great. I just don't want the group of two to fade away, that would be ultra sad if it happened!

As for the group roles, I think having a Jedi Knight, Consular, Smuggler and Trooper would be best. It would allow to experience different stories. While it would be fun to all roll as Jedis or Troopers, I think the RP would benefit more and have a more dynamic effect over all with the group of four playing the various classes. And, like Mando said, it wouldn't cause any sort of confusion on the RP with people playing the same classes.

Yes, two groups of four sounds like a good idea to me. Having only 2 people in one group might not be as fun...and it might fizzle out. Anyway, I've decided I'd like to play a female Trooper if that's all right.

By the way, I also love the idea of writing our stories up here on the forum so everyone can keep track of what is going on with the other group.

Maybe we could split the groups into compatible play times. For example, we list our average play times and set up the groups according to those times. I'm available most week nights from 7 CST-midnight (Tuesdays and Wednesdays I usually don't get on until 8PM CST. Weekend days are iffy but weekend nights are usually good)

Preference-wise. I'd like to play a male Jedi Shadow

Edited by bunglermoose

When is this starting?

What server?

Add my name to the list please. I very much want to participate.

There is no set date for when we will start. That is up to Mando, the OP.

We will be doing this on the Ebon Hawk server!

And, lastly, I'm sure Mando will be more than happy to add you to the list! That means just one more person to have two groups to go out! :)

Awesome, we'll try and get one more and have two groups of four, two of each class. So, based on RP experience (No offence to anyone who hasn't RPed much, this is a great way to start and I know you'll love it!) and general availability time, I think groups will be most fun like this:

Group 1:

Mando - Pherus Redblake, Male Jedi Knight

shadowdemon - Tal'siolo, Male Smuggler

bunglermoose - Zandros, Jedi Consular

JIshVidal - Siobe, Trooper

Group 2:

AngelAlkaiser - Laerion, Smuggler

LostInReverie - Calantha, Trooper

Karmatree - Jedi Consular

Lymm - Aarovis, Jedi Knight

This is what I'm looking at right now... I don't mean to put all of the experienced RPers into one group, but look... There's 3 ways to RP, Light, Medium, and Heavy. Examples:

Light: Mando takes his pistol out and shoots Whatshisface.

Medium: Mando quickly reaches in his pocket to grab his pistol and aims it at Whatshisface's head. He pulls the trigger and Whatshisface falls on the floor dead.

Heavy: Mando slowly reaches into his tatterd pocket, he pulls out his pistol as his cold sweaty hands grip the burning hot and rough handle of the pistol...

And I'll stop there, you get the point. See, you mix up the heavys and the lights, and the lights are drowning in confusion on what to say or do, and the heavys will get bored. That's why it's best to keep more experienced players together. But I still really want the not so experienced RPers to have a great time and learn, and RP with the more experienced RPers!

Anyways, don't mean to rant or boss around. Please add any final opinions, and I will make changes accordingly. We'll start as soon as we can! :D

Edited by Mando

Im looking forward to watching the forum with great intrest to see how your story goes. If you do your write ups on a diffrent thread, id be honoured if you could throw me the link (pm or here is fine). Finally and most importantly Good luck, have fun and all the best to you.

If you're still looking for a player, I'm certainly down. I do travel some, but it's not longer than a day or 2 a week. I'm on @ 2030 EST and play until I can't keep the eyelids from touching. I PREFER Sith, but above that I prefer the RP. If there's still a slot open, let me know. I'd LOVE to do this! My 1st experience with online RP was Everquest, about...13 years ago. Before that it was DnD, Shadowrun, and various pen-and-paper games. Most recently it was NWN on some custom-content servers. I'm a very experienced RP'er, but I have no issue toning it down either. Let me know! Edited by Lymm

Just so everyone knows, I went ahead and created a lovely Twi'lek smuggler named Tal'siolo. Other than getting through the initial cutscene of arriving on Ord Mantell, I have done nothing else with him! He's ready to go with whomever is my partner on this lovely starting planet. Also will the assigned groups meet up on the Fleet to do The Esseles after all of us get off the starting planets? Or, will we just skip ahead to Coruscant and make that our meeting place?

Back to the topic of my Smuggler... I wanted to go Gunslinger as his advance class, making him a DPS type. However, I wouldn't mind becoming a Scoundrel to take on the Healing role as healing is my preferred role anyway, my main is a Sage Healer.

Lastly, for those who have characters on Ebon Hawk already feel free to add Quzni to your friends list if you're on Republic side, she is also my main and is the best bet of getting ahold of me for whenever you want to continue on with the RP group. If you have a character on Empire side add Brankilo. I'm typically on either one of those characters at any given time during the afternoon... I've mostly been playing Bran the last few days as he's only a baby (new character) and I've been leveling him. Either way, that's the best way to get ahold of me! :)

Alright! Updated the roster to reflect recent changes, I went ahead with the Jedi Knight so Group 1 is pretty much set I think. Just need confirmation from bunglermoose. I'll create my character as soon as I can. I would really like to RP on the starter planets somehow... but I don't want people to have to wait for each other and all. Feel free to RP with your fellow group member though if you see them on Ord Mantell/Tython!

As for availability for myself, I'm on the east coast, and usually on for an hour or two each evening. Part of this weekend I will be away on a trip, but in about a week or so I'm switching jobs and my schedule should clear up a ton and I'll have easily another 2 or 3 free hours every day.

I'll create my Knight soon! Th RP re-roll is about to begin, my friends!

Thanks Mando for updating the thread.

I'll make whatever the other three people in my group don't want to be. So if you're in my group let's get this figured out and started!

I am available East Coast time pretty much any evening. And Ebon Hawk is perfect as my massive legacy family is there.

Pub side, I've seen the Consular and Smuggler storylines. I'd prefer to play a Jedi Knight. Also, I'll be on tonight & tomorrow night for certain. If anyone wants to get started, let me know. Edited by Lymm

Karma and Lymm, I'll be ready tonight. I'm going to make a character soon. When I do, I will update this thread with her name so you guys know who to contact. She'll be a Trooper so whoever is going to be a Smuggler, I will see you on Ord Mantell. :)

ETA: I think it would be cool to do Esseles together once we're all off our origin worlds.

Edited by LostInReverie