Are the gear drops in HM group-bound?

anthemambient

Seems to apply to all BoP items, not just gear.

Got an armormech schematic last sunday, brain cramp caused me to roll on it with a cybertech toon. :eek:

Thankfully the timer is game time, not real time. So I was able to trade it to a guildie who could actually use it, by NOT logging in till I caught someone on to trade with a few days later.

Edited by JacksonMo

if it's group-bound with the group members I've grouped with

Just being grouped is not enough.

It is tradable to those who were eligible to loot it.

If a group member is outside the instance at the time it was looted, and therefore was not eligible to loot it, you can't trade it to him, even if he was grouped with you.

Seems to apply to all BoP items, not just gear.

Got an armormech schematic last sunday, brain cramp caused me to roll on it with a cybertech toon. :eek:

Thankfully the timer is game time, not real time. So I was able to trade it to a guildie who could actually use it, by NOT logging in till I caught someone on to trade with a few days later.

Thanks JacksonMo.

If a group member is outside the instance at the time it was looted, and therefore was not eligible to loot it, you can't trade it to him, even if he was grouped with you.

I think this existed since launch; I remember everyone saying not to pick up loot because someone was outside of instance as a result of wiping. Thanks Eternalnight.

Thanks JacksonMo.

I think this existed since launch; I remember everyone saying not to pick up loot because someone was outside of instance as a result of wiping. Thanks Eternalnight.

You're welcome.

You can also miss out on loot if you're too far away and the group opens the chest without you.

Not sure what the radius is, but I missed looting a chest once because I was bioanalysing a dead mob.

Really annoyed me as I could have really used that gear. :mad:

You're welcome.

You can also miss out on loot if you're too far away and the group opens the chest without you.

Not sure what the radius is, but I missed looting a chest once because I was bioanalysing a dead mob.

Really annoyed me as I could have really used that gear. :mad:

Brain cramp then bioanalysing! What's next? :)