1 Million Damage Screenshot

Aluvi

I'm going to print this out now and go have my mom put it up on the fridge :D.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3610/screenshot2012102011340.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1101.01 DPS

7387 Biggest Hit.

Just about double the next highest dps, and quadruple or quintuple most of the team.

But seriously, haven't had a full length void star in weeks, finally got one long enough to break 1 Mill. I know, no one cares. And yes, my dps was a little low.That is because I prioritized healers rather than smashing groups, since they had 3 of them. Also I got stuck in the red force field for the last minute right before the bridges, so I couldn't do much there.

Screenshot of fully buffed stats: http://imageshack.us/a/img545/1243/screenshot2012102012352.jpg

I'm using full WH with EWH weapons. Custom bracer / belt with vindicator offhand WH armoring. All mods are 51 str / 39 power type. All Enhancements are 41 power / 53 surge variety, except one which is accuracy/power. In my opinion this is the perfect rage marauder build. And yes, I think the 1390 expertise is worth it.

Edited by Aluvi

I'm going to print this out now and go have my mom put it up on the fridge :D.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3610/screenshot2012102011340.jpg

But seriously, haven't had a full length void star in weeks, finally got one long enough to break 1 Mill. I know, no one cares. And yes, my dps was a little low.That is because I prioritized healers rather than smashing groups, since they had 3 of them. Also I got stuck in the red force field for the last minute right before the bridges, so I couldn't do much there.

Screenshot of fully buffed stats: http://imageshack.us/a/img545/1243/screenshot2012102012352.jpg

I'm using full WH with EWH weapons. Custom bracer / belt with vindicator offhand WH armoring. All mods are 51 str / 39 power type. All Enhancements are 41 power / 53 surge variety, except one which is accuracy/power. In my opinion this is the perfect rage marauder build. And yes, I think the 1390 expertise is worth it.

You had to hit someone in that interim period where it calculates who won didn't you! Grats though and yeah without a 9% talent I'd say you are right about the expertise as long as you aren't playing anni, which functions slightly better with PvE armorings and power crystals.

Definitely fridge worth.

Edited by Ryvirath

You had to hit someone in that interim period where it calculates who won didn't you! Grats though and yeah without a 9% talent I'd say you are right about the expertise as long as you aren't playing anni, which functions slightly better with PvE armorings and power crystals.

Definitely fridge worth.

Thanks man. I feel like a failure if I don't kill at least 1 person during the scoreboard :D. That's probably why republic players hate me so much.

Might be because some maras have gotten more dps and Juggs can do above 1300.

Im confident that I can hit 1300+, maybe even 1400 given the right circumstances. Remember, Rage has been good for Juggs for a very long time, marauders have only had since 1.4. Give it a month or so =)

So is Expertise doing all that? Or your 78% Surge? I have similar stats, but the best I can do is like 400k a match. Granted I only have 1 EWH saber (And the offhand is just WH) and the rest of my gear is unaugmented Battlemaster. . .But dang.

My stats when buffed:

Strength: 1636

Endurance: 1563

Expertise: 1099

Crit: 39.14%

Surge: 73.08%

Accuracey: 103.75

I guess my PvE gear (Rakata Bracers/Belt and Matrix M7-G0 cube) are holding me back? Ithought the Strength/endurance bonuses would be worth it but apparently not?

Should I give up focusing on Strength and move to Power or Surge?

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

So is Expertise doing all that? Or your 78% Surge? I have similar stats, but the best I can do is like 400k a match. Granted I only have 1 EWH saber (And the offhand is just WH) and the rest of my gear is unaugmented Battlemaster. . .But dang.

My stats when buffed:

Strength: 1636

Endurance: 1563

Expertise: 1099

Crit: 39.14%

Surge: 73.08%

Accuracey: 103.75

I guess my PvE gear (Rakata Bracers/Belt and Matrix M7-G0 cube) are holding me back? Ithought the Strength/endurance bonuses would be worth it but apparently not?

Should I give up focusing on Strength and move to Power or Surge?

You aren't optimized for Rage spec. Rage spec (and carnage) love power, and crit does little for them. Drop every crit mod/enhancement for the highest power/surge enhance or str/power mod you can get. You want the mods from Vindicator Gloves, and the Enhancement from Force Mystic gloves. Least amount of +hp you can get on them, and most + damage stats. You should have around +645 bonus damage buffed, with 1390 exp. With the power build, you go down to about 1300 exp but +670 or so bonus damage. IMO the exp is slightly better overall.

Edited by Aluvi

You aren't optimized for Rage spec. Rage spec (and carnage) love power, and crit does little for them. Drop every crit mod/enhancement for the highest power/surge enhance or str/power mod you can get. You want the mods from Vindicator Gloves, and the Enhancement from Force Mystic gloves. Least amount of +hp you can get on them, and most + damage stats. You should have around +645 bonus damage buffed, with 1390 exp. With the power build, you go down to about 1300 exp but +670 or so bonus damage. IMO the exp is slightly better overall.

So instead of crafting Might (18 Str + 12 End) Augments I should go with the Redoubt (18 Defense + 12 Power?)? Or should I just buy Surge Augs since I can't craft them?

Thanks for the tips.

Edited by QuietGoneJinn

So instead of crafting Might (18 Str + 12 End) Augments I should go with the Redoubt (18 Defense + 12 Power?)? Or should I just buy Surge Augs since I can't craft them?

Thanks for the tips.

Mega has covered extensively how to gear a marauder. The thread was originally for carnage, but it applies to rage as well. The thread is here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=525404

The only exception is that you will want to grab the Power/Surge Earpiece, not the Crit/Surge ear. Also Power is considered better overall for augments, but it's a small difference.

Edited by Aluvi

• 2 weeks later...

This is a brilliant post. Can anyone provide this type of information for annihilation spec please? I would give rage a try but I'm too set in my ways and anni spec feels natural for me now after using it for months.

Thanks for your help peeps.

This is a brilliant post. Can anyone provide this type of information for annihilation spec please? I would give rage a try but I'm too set in my ways and anni spec feels natural for me now after using it for months.

Thanks for your help peeps.

Check out Arash's post. In his first post on this thread, he gives two links for his spec and his gear:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=540914

Help me out with a question please. Where's the 32.54 damage reduction coming from? Myself and the other two marauders in the guild are at 25. something.

I know defensive forms in the carnage tree has some damage reduction but I believe everyone picks that up. I know undying in the rage tree gives you 2%. So where did you pick up the extra 5%

pve shell?

Ur forgetting schii-cho stance which gives u 3%dmg reduction (as well as 3% dmg buff).

And yes u may have picked up defensive forms from carnage but unless ur in that stance u wont get the extra 2% dmg reduction. In total, u should have 7% more damage reduction as full rage than as the other specs. And if u play it to the optimum ur gonna need it since after delivering a big smash to max 5 people around u will notice that it wont make u lots of friends. :)