Whisper to all players on the server

iamnotacrook

I am on a sith character right now, and something i have noticed is that you cannot whisper a republic player. I know that is the way around as well. But why is that you can't write to a another player that's on the opposite side? If that could be possible, i would roleplay a bit more.

But when it is like this, and a Rep. player challanges me to a duel, and i can't talk to her/him. Quite annoying.

Okey. But if someone has a really long name with some dots and commas. Then it would be easier to click on the players pic and whisper.

Yes but every time I kill a player of the opposite faction, I'd prefer them not to have the ability to whisper me and flame me for doing so. I already get enough whispers for my "cheats" in Voidstar....I'm in favor of not speaking directly to the opposite faction unless in /say as I find it highly annoying when players can't take a loss and feel the need to cry about it.

Edited by Master_Nate

Yes but every time I kill a player of the opposite faction, I'd prefer them not to have the ability to whisper me and flame me for doing so. I already get enough whispers for my "cheats" in Voidstar....I'm in favor of not speaking directly to the opposite faction unless in /say as I find it highly annoying when players can't take a loss and feel the need to cry about it.

This. No cross faction whispers is the best thing. Getting whispers from players ranging from your standard "you suck", "you cheat", "I would have beat you only if my heal didn't misfire", "I am reporting you for hacking", "come duel me 1 vs 1 and I'll show you how much you suck".

The list goes on and on. I would get quite tired of it as I am sure many other players would. What benefit would there be to sending tells to the opposite faction OTHER than you know them IRL or it is a friends alt? None. Keep it how it is.

Are you in a pvp server? Cause i am in a rp server.

Yes I am. I don't quite see the point though. I understand you want it for the RP aspect of it but that is why there is /say.

Using /whisper would/should break your immersion, I would think, unless there were Jedi that were using the force to reach you through mind powers from across the galaxy and could contact you, a sith, directly!

/say seems like it would even promote more RP on your server rather than a private session between you and one other player. I'm not on an RP server so I do not know. I just know what it's like for the PvP community and it's not always pretty. The change you are requesting would not only affect an RP server but all servers across the board...

EDIT: I could see them adding something in specifically for an RP server , or could have seen them doing it before the layoffs, and that would be perfect. However, being on a PvP server this is something I would not want. Maybe they will implement something in the future exclusively for RP servers to help with this style of game play, only makes sense.

Edited by Master_Nate