Make Respeccing Easier for Minor Changes

lpope

When choosing to respec you should get an option to just unlock the skill tree and not reset the entire thing. That way I don't need to go back to a screenshot to make sure I pick the exact skills from my previous build minus the two skill points I want to change.

That should also make rebuilding our toolbars easier since the whole skill tree hasn't been reset.

I would also consider providing the same option when you choose to make significant changes to a class's skills and automatically reset their trees. Those suck even more since i often forget to make screenshots prior to the patch release date.

I don't know how viable it is for when they make changes to the tree.

If I spent 3 points on tier 2 skill 'A' and 2 more on tier 2 skill 'B', and then they move skill 'A' to tier 4, how can they leave my tree alone until I reset it?

And what good is it, anyway? Since they have rearranged and/or added things to the tree, old builds may not be possible. You might have to put points in a skill that didn't have any points before.

Finally, if they did do this, they would have to open the UI and lock you out from doing anything else until you changed the skill trees... Nothing exists right now to stop you from just running off and keeping the illegal set-up.

For the regular respecs, though, I agree.

Pay for the respec and let you just add or subtract points as you see fit until you close the UI, at which point any assigned points are once again locked.

They could also add a 'reset all' button for people that wanted to start from scratch.