Best companion for a jugg?

Toxxo

if you are tank and light sided do like i did,keep vette until the end.

if you are tank and dark sided use vette until you get jaesa,then use her.

if you are dps you can use each one of them,it depends on your char allignment and aptitude towards the empire.

if you are tank and light sided do like i did,keep vette until the end.

if you are tank and dark sided use vette until you get jaesa,then use her.

if you are dps you can use each one of them,it depends on your char allignment and aptitude towards the empire.

A tank and Dark Side. So Dark Side in fact, I'm amazed Vette hasn't stowed away :)

I've seen many of these topics about who is the best companion and from what I've read, Vette is perhaps the best options all the way, IF you keep her well equipped with items. In general, the items you recieve from quests to your companion are in fact better for Jaesa than almost all of your other companion options and so the option to take Jaesa with you as a tank and dark side is very much top of the line.

I've done juggernaut dps with Quinn and with Vette and the only real difference is really how fast you run through the story with quests and what level you are. If you are lower level than the range the specific planet has, you are likely to go with Quinn as he will keep you alive. Are you above or within the level range of the specific planet, Vette/Jaesa will be absolutely among your choices of companion.

A general hint to this is the game mechanics of levels. You will possibly be destroyed by an elite mob 4-5 level higher than yourself, but if you are 4-5 levels above said elite mob, you will be able to handle 2-3 of that type of mob at the same time. That's how much level can change your pick of companion and your battles in general.

Hope this helps too.

I've leveled 3 juggs so far, working on a guardian atm as well. played other classes too, merc....shadow consular...operative....sage...

Leveled each one as individual specs: vengeance, immortal, and rage.

I honestly think there is no "best" option. It seems that each person has a preferred leveling style, and the companion that fits for them is based on that play-style. So what I'll give you is based on observation of comparing the leveling process between the 3 specs.

note: My rage jugg also substituted for a time as an immortal jugg after 1.3, I really wanted to try out the changes in immortal as to their impact. so rage hasn't been a complete process of 1-50 for me like immortal and vengeance were pre-1.3. but I'll include both. But to start with, any conversation that discusses companion choice without including spec choice is a waste of time. our specs differ tremendously in their results with different companions.

Hands down, the fastest and most efficient combination is vengeance with quinn. bar none. the times that i ran overall time tests (no data, sorry, not that analytical. it was timed on watches). Vengeance/quinn has the best kill speed COMBINED with least downtime. Vengeance with a DPS companion certain kills mobs faster, but it's downtime directly impacts the overall leveling curve more. It's slower overall. can you do it? sure. many have. but at this point im discussing optimal leveling speed, not personal preference.

Immortal, especially post 1.3, is also slower for a similar reason. lack of DPS means more up-time on mobs which translates to more incoming damage. Prior to 1.3 I would have considered it a close race, with vengeance winning by only a bit, but immortal allowing you to pick and choose your companion. post 1.3 Immortal/DPS simply cant kill fast enough to make up for the discrepancy. It is still the best choice though if you want flexibility with your companions...a DPS spec with a DPS companion simply has too much downtime until you hit a certain gear level (post columi...rakata level really) which means that pre-50, the least optimal is DPS spec with a DPS companion.

now...that doesn't mean that's what everyone prefers. My second jugg (pre 1.3, not sure id do it now) I ran immortal specifically because i wanted to play with my DPS companions and still make it a smooth leveling experience that I like. post 1.3 it's more difficult. I didn't think i'd feel the DPS hit as much as I did. but its definitely noticeable as early as the 30's in immortal spec. but if you want to switch em up, and try out companions, Immortal is the best choice....if you want to reduce your downtime.

On a different note, rage has gotten much better after 1.4, and I would consider it a viable and equivalent leveling spec to vengeance at this point. Vengeance has a much smoother cycle pre 40 then rage though...up to 40 rage feels more lacking, like it could use an extra ability, or a bit more rage. It feels very burst oriented...most of your rage generation needs to be built up and saved for your smash volleys.

now, given all that spam above, if i had my choice of companions independant of their impact on my overal enjoyment of the leveling experience, I'd pick vette. I find her witty comments far more enjoyable then jaesa's comments. jaesa's dark side ones are just....dark. the light side ones feel very empty...like shes saying them just cause we are making her do it. Vette, on the other hand, still cracks me up

"that was BRUTAL. better check to see I have all my parts...."

"WOO-YEAH !!"

to this day my top 2 companion comments of all :) shes a blast, shes a cutie with a quick wit...what more could you ask for? jaesa wins in the hotness competition...but if i really want something to look at, there's far better in real life....I'm just sayin....

Please keep in mind that I'm not harping on any specific spec, nor companion. I've played them all, and even in immortal I'd rather play a jugg then anything else. But these are the results I've gotten from leveling 3 different juggs in a PvE setting. take what you will...ultimately, you can do anything you want with your jugg and still level. My signature proves this....lager didn't choose an AC (Juggernaut or marauder) until he was 50. You can level solely as a "Sith Warrior" and still do it. Since you didn't specify your preference and ideal approach to leveling, all my thoughts above are purely from the perspective of efficient leveling with minimum downtime from a class perspective.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.