Mercenary Elite Prototype Boots

Serroturkio

I know that Class Quest about Taris, and I did not take that.

Just to be clear: you did the class quest but did not take the boots as a quest reward. Is that correct?

If that is the case, these boots are not available any other way and your only chance is to open a ticket explaining the situation and requesting that they give you the boots. With a bit of luck, they will give you the boots.

If the ticket does not help, something else you can do is keep an eye out on the GTN for one of the following boots:

- [Prototype] RD-15A Mercenary Boots

- [Prototype] TH-15A Corpsman Boots

- [Prototype] TT-15A Powertech Boots.

They share the same graphic and with color matching, they should be indistinguishable from the "real thing".

Good luck.

Yes thats correct...

And thanks...

Yeah. As a "rule of thumb" if a non-repeatable quest offers a "custom" reward, I always take that reward. You never know when you are going to decide you want that "look" :).

And you're welcome. Best of luck getting the boots.

There are plenty of same looking but different color variations.

However I had bunch of pieces of that set [not sure it was boots] Drop on the same planet heroic missions 4s

I am sure I got 2 of the same helmets in my inventory this way might be boots in there as well.

I am finding the Exclusive class quest is not so exclusive lately no matter what I read on the forums.

Yeah. As a "rule of thumb" if a non-repeatable quest offers a "custom" reward, I always take that reward. You never know when you are going to decide you want that "look" :).

Same, I save all custom armor that I get. :p

If the ticket does not help, something else you can do is keep an eye out on the GTN for one of the following boots:

- [Prototype] RD-15A Mercenary Boots

- [Prototype] TH-15A Corpsman Boots

- [Prototype] TT-15A Powertech Boots.

They share the same graphic and with color matching, they should be indistinguishable from the "real thing".

A word of caution though: Sometimes, even though two pieces of gear can have the same model, when equipping them and matching color to chest, sometimes they will still actually end up looking different from each other.

Example with the Vendetta set for Imperial Agents, which has the same model as Battlemaster:

- The Vendetta chest is mostly white with some black parts.

- The non-chest Vendetta pieces are mostly black with some white parts.

- However, if you use non-chest Battlemaster pieces and color match to Vendetta chest, they become white with some black parts.