Will PvP Armorings, Mods, Enhancements be Reverse Engineer-able in the Future?

DkSharktooth

Well it's already destroying the concept of "having to do the hardest things in the game to get the best gear" for PVE so I can't see why BW wouldn't want to destroy the whole concept of "working for the best gear in PvP" too.

I think it would be tough to find a person willing to grind out the 3200(?) rWZ comms for the WH Chest to pull out the armoring and only have a 20% chance to get the schematic for it. If anyone did do it the cost for it on the GTN would be obscene.

Granted, I would not do the grind for that kind of a chance but we see this already with PVE. We also see barrels among other items going for 2 mil.:eek:

Well it's already destroying the concept of "having to do the hardest things in the game to get the best gear" for PVE so I can't see why BW wouldn't want to destroy the whole concept of "working for the best gear in PvP" too.

I wouldn't call it destroying a concept as much as applying it to both pve and pvp. This is a way to diminish the gear gap faster if you have the pattern or credits for it.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I posted a dumb idea along these lines a while back. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=536532

It got zero interest.:(

It would not have to slow the rate of gear acquisition at all by requiring comms to purchase mats to craft with.

But basically create a random 1 in a million (or whatever % works) chance for a schematic/re'able piece to drop in ranked games and ranked games only. Incentive to do ranked, check. Gear new folks can purchase for credits and stop complaining about the gear gap, check. Tons of new income for pvpers, check.:D

I think it would be tough to find a person willing to grind out the 3200(?) rWZ comms for the WH Chest to pull out the armoring and only have a 20% chance to get the schematic for it. If anyone did do it the cost for it on the GTN would be obscene.

I would do it if the armoring weren't bound to slot. I PVP a lot and I really, really want orange belts/bracers for my PVP sniper, but as far as I can tell literally NO ONE on my server has reverse-engineered & can craft the PVE Skill 26 armoring that would make the expertise loss worth it.

Currently, I'm spending my comms gearing up a level 32 alt (who may never reach 50) in war hero. She has her war hero chest, legs, head, and elite war hero mainhand and offhand.

I have a buddy with 4 level 50 characters that he does the daily on every day. He calls himself a "cottage industry" of ranked warzone comms. A hardcore crafter with a similar set up would probably be willing to take the risk.