Guidance

Ray-Esteves

I need some general information regarding my Commando, I just started playing the game and every time I group with people they think I am a healer, am not really built to be a healer I am spec on gunnery. When I play in a group people always expect me to heal but I cant really heal great because I have never invested in healing and don't really like doing it, if being a commando means that I may have to heal can someone try to give me some tips on how to heal and how to perform better in a group as a DPS and a healer, thanks. Edited by Ray-Esteves
change the tittle

I need some general information regarding my Commando, I just started playing the game and every time I group with people they think I am a healer, am not really built to be a healer I am spec on gunnery. When I play in a group people always expect me to heal but I cant really heal great because I have never invested in healing and don't really like doing it, if being a commando means that I may have to heal can someone try to give me some tips on how to heal and how to perform better in a group as a DPS and a healer, thanks.

Quick question, when you group up are you refering to at random, or using the Group Finder tool. If the later, make sure to unselect the healer option before you queue up for a flash point.

Otherwise, it's really your parties fault for assuming you're a healer. Inform them you are a dps commando, gunnery spec. In a PvE sense, you shouldn't be expected to heal, except in a few extreme circumstances (Usually if your actual healer goes down, you may throw a few heals on your tank while your fellow dps finishes the boss.)

There is a certian thought that is you class can heal (has the skills) that you might heal, but just reaffirm that you're not a healer.

((On a side note, investing a few points in your medic tree once you've hit 31 in gunnery does give you some pretty powerful off heals, especially if you're stacking power.))

Quick question, when you group up are you refering to at random, or using the Group Finder tool. If the later, make sure to unselect the healer option before you queue up for a flash point.

Otherwise, it's really your parties fault for assuming you're a healer. Inform them you are a dps commando, gunnery spec. In a PvE sense, you shouldn't be expected to heal, except in a few extreme circumstances (Usually if your actual healer goes down, you may throw a few heals on your tank while your fellow dps finishes the boss.)

There is a certian thought that is you class can heal (has the skills) that you might heal, but just reaffirm that you're not a healer.

((On a side note, investing a few points in your medic tree once you've hit 31 in gunnery does give you some pretty powerful off heals, especially if you're stacking power.))

What he/she said.

At lower levels (<20 or so) any class that has healing abilities is about equally adept at healing. So groups will often simply ask someone in the group that has heals to fill that role. If you're uncomfortable with that just tell them so although if there's nobody else in the group with heals it will probably fall to you anyway.