The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Getting smashed in a one on one

wangchi

I am a lvl 50 vg shield spec with 23k health. I have getting smashed out like i'm in low lvl gear. I am in full WH gear. Has anyone felt this, or know what's goin on? I usually do good, but now it seem's i just cant survive at any encounter.

I am a lvl 50 vg shield spec with 23k health. I have getting smashed out like i'm in low lvl gear. I am in full WH gear. Has anyone felt this, or know what's goin on? I usually do good, but now it seem's i just cant survive at any encounter.

It's the way the advanced class spec was designed. Vanguard/Powertech tanks have high passive mitagation (shield mechanic and absorption boosts) which unfortunately makes them not as favorable in pvp in comparison to the other two tank ACs whom rely more on active cooldown management and avoidance mechanics. There are plenty of other factors that contribute to the lack of vg/pt tanks representation in pvp, but I believe this addresses your additional concern over survivability. Until the design philosophy changes, I doubt you will notice a survivability increase from just acquiring gear in pvp.

source: http://www.tankingtor.com/2012/05/swtor-tanking-specific-interview-with.html