2/2 Small changes to spice up combat

Chicktopus

This is the second of my posts based on revitalising the feel of the game. In a previous post, I outlined a suggestion for a change to the standard combat model. You can view it here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=540864

As before; please keep feedback analytical and constructive.

This second change:

Less all-on-one fights

This is not so much of a change to existing content as it is a suggestion for things to come. As many of you well know, BioWare had originally said they wanted to avoid a team of players ganging up on one enemy, this change is simply a reminder of that promise and a request that for future content there are more encounters with multiple opponents. Infernal Council in EV was a good example of how these encounters should be.

- What do I mean?

Firstly, I'm not talking specifically about Ops here, I'm talking mostly about Flashpoints, but use boss fights as an excuse to fight many enemies rather than one big one. There's no reason the 'big bad guy' can't still be fought and there's nothing wrong with the all-on-one boss fights such as Soa or Karagga. Just keep these fights to a few encounters and make the rest more in tune with the first encounter in KuS. What's needed is where there's objectives for the players to achieve to get past a certain point whilst under siege. This can even apply to the healer.

- Why?

To make the fights more immersive, cinematic and more interesting than wailing on a guy until he falls over.

- What issues does this raise?

The necessity of roles become more diluted. This is not really an issue if the encounters are properly designed, as tanks will still be needed to pick up the stronger enemies and healers will still need to keep everyone alive.

I look forwards to your feedback!