The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

having difficulty

Nydar

Came back, rerolled on another server because I just didn't want to deal with any population issues. I quit this game several months ago, my main was a PT. I tend to que solo a lot, especially lately because I am not even in a guild. When I left, I could get in the 200k range dps in the sub 50 bracket from about level 15 on, sometimes more, I was always in the top 3 dps per match, like it was a given. Anyways, I don't know if its my rotation, which is the one I always used, or if its gear, or if maybe i just forgot how to play. Also, I find myself targeted contantly, the problem with pugs is most ignore healer, I attack them and end up with an assist train on me. So, due to the high pop of the new server do you think I am jut running into more premades, like every match it feels like, or have I obtained too much fail in my off time?

I think it's just server population and better teams.

I was on a low pop server and although not much into PvP, using it only for good and fast XP, I did OK in WZ, switched to a high pop server and got marked for extermination most times (I was a healer at the time). From one day to the next I went from doing OK to being a marked man, and could see the guys who we're working together. There are some seriously organised teams on the high pop servers.

since 1.4 you are forced to get within the 10m range from the start of the fight, this has a huge inmpact on your survivability.

Alright, some of what the dude before you posted is true, this server has more premades and thus is more competitive, especially to a guildless solo Q'er like myself. But another problem was just levels, I got to 20, got gear in every slot, some augments, and incinerate round and my dps spiked up to around 200k a match.

I haven't had to deal with the thermal det range nerf yet, not hgih enough, but from range i open with sticky grenade and hammrshots until i get close(HiB if up) and then apply the good stuff once i get to 10mm. My one on one success has gone way up as well as dps.

Can anyone definitively answer this for me, I asked in general and got different answers, is sticky grenade and Assaupt plastic not on the same cool down any more, if so I could make that work,s tick grenade from 30m, IR when inside 10mm, then AP, then stock strike, that should hurt anyone with a few well timed rail shots.

I was going to go middle tree, but I may just stay pyro.

Edited by Nydar