HM TFB Kephess - The Last 10%

Raekor

Was in our guilds first kill for this last week, which to be honest was very messy as we followed the "stack up" advice from the PTS forums. I died early.

This week we knew to spread out and keep moving, problem with that is a moving Arsenal Merc doesn't really do much damage. Stopping to cast gets you hit, even if you abort cast and start moving as soon as the orange circle targets you (not always, but even with 80ms being outside of the circle it can still hit you). So, what do you other Arsenal Merc's do during Kephess's last 10% to maintain some semblance of DPS?

I just can't help thinking we wouldn't have had a wipe with him at 20K if I had of done a bit better.

Just run around avoiding the orange circles and use your instant abilities. And don't forget to save your Power Surge for this phase. Took us more time than usual to burn a target with that amount of HP, but we did it and nobody died. :)

Yeah, I was saving that for then. Usually use it right at the beginning. With so many dying it sounds like this second week too many people weren't moving correctly, or healers weren't keeping us up.

I think I may rebind some keys for that phase with all instant casts and go full keyboard in that phase. See how that goes. Also save my defensive cool downs for when I get low rather than help the healers out when I am at 50-75%.

Pity the meters can't be separated out so I can, as that fight is so skewed due to the 3x extra damage.

We just passed this in HM the 2nd time this week.

The 1st week I was having the same issues on my commando, and I was 1 of the 1st to go down in that last phase.

This week I made some changes.

Since we were ahead on DPS, we had to stop attacking when he got to 11%, to wait to drop the last tower on him. With not being able to hit him, I made sure to top my health off at 100%.

When the tower dropped I used my adrenal and hit him with Full auto, high impact bolt and demo round. As soon as he was up, I used reserve power cell and tech override, then tossed plasma grenade and sticky grenade on the move. Then while moving, I just used explosive round until HiB and Demo were off cool down and used them. A few hammer shots to wait for ammo regen, then full auto was back up, I used my shield and adrenaline rush, so I could stop and fire off full auto. When that finished, I used recharge cells and ran around using explosive round again. Right when I ran out of ammo and had to start using hammer shot, Kephess went down.

I plan on doing the same thing on my merc this weekend for the fight.

Edited by Flying-Brian

When the tower dropped I used my adrenal and hit him with Full auto, high impact bolt and demo round. As soon as he was up, I used reserve power cell and tech override, then tossed plasma grenade and sticky grenade on the move. Then while moving, I just used explosive round until HiB and Demo were off cool down and used them. A few hammer shots to wait for ammo regen, then full auto was back up, I used my shield and adrenaline rush, so I could stop and fire off full auto. When that finished, I used recharge cells and ran around using explosive round again. Right when I ran out of ammo and had to start using hammer shot, Kephess went down.

But explosive round is abysmal. It's only about 1600 damage for 3 ammo, no way you couldn't stop to fire a 1.4 or 1.5s cast off for 66% of the cost and more damage.

Even sticky grenade is a better choice, that's 2 ammo and 1900 damage.

I don't even have cast protection as Pyro spec and I recall casting fine at the end.

We only had about 5% or less while he was up since we dropped the last tower on him at 10% and nuked.