PVE Combat Medic Thread

Chef_BoyRUdead

I'm reading all the posts I can on this but have a couple questions if anyone has answers.

I save Supercharge cells for high damage phases and just hang on to the 3% having 30 stacks gives me the rest of the time. Waste or smart?

I rarely (close to never) use BI without first Kolto bombing someone for the added 3% from Kolto Residue, but all the "rotations" i read never mention this. Is there something I'm missing?

With Potent medicine's 15% bonus to crit should we stack crit chance and surge?

I'm thinking Aim -> Crit to max/Surge to max -> Alacrity/Power?

Thanks!

You want to be using Supercharge Cells every time as soon as it's available because of the 5% damage reduction buff provided by Kolto Bomb. If you are charging up your cells correctly, you can maintain 100% uptime on this buff (especially important to keep it on the tank) with the PvE set bonus. Use a Kolto Bomb immediately after activating SCC, and use another one just again before it runs out. In addition using SCC vents heat improving your overall healing output. Edited by Jenzali

I'm reading all the posts I can on this but have a couple questions if anyone has answers.

I save Supercharge cells for high damage phases and just hang on to the 3% having 30 stacks gives me the rest of the time. Waste or smart?

Smart, but also keep in mind every operation boss is different. If you are able to keep your team and/or tank up. I would say it is definitely worth it to save it.

I rarely (close to never) use BI without first Kolto bombing someone for the added 3% from Kolto Residue, but all the "rotations" i read never mention this. Is there something I'm missing?

Also a good thing but keep in mind Kolto Bomb has a travel time. So even tho the action is instant, the distance creates a faux activation time. Where Bacta is instant even at max distance. Probably does not matter unless your tank has 5% health. One thing I will note is that with how much operation bosses hit for, you might not notice the 3%.

With Potent medicine's 15% bonus to crit should we stack crit chance and surge?

I'm thinking Aim -> Crit to max/Surge to max -> Alacrity/Power?

Highly debated. This should be tested by yourself to see what works best for you. I stack alacrity. That is my personal choice, it works for me and my guild has no problems with it.

Thanks!

Hope this info helps.

I *strongly* advise against this. Bacta Infusion is your main ammo management heal. Your throughput will be much, much lower than optimum if you follow this rotation, since you will need to spend a lot more time using Hammer Shot to avoid burning out. BI is really a heal like any other (just a free one); I don't see why it would have special status w.r.t. Kolto Residue. You should try to keep KR up as much as possible, but it's not as big of a deal as it used to be.

I *strongly* advise against this. Bacta Infusion is your main ammo management heal. Your throughput will be much, much lower than optimum if you follow this rotation, since you will need to spend a lot more time using Hammer Shot to avoid burning out. BI is really a heal like any other (just a free one); I don't see why it would have special status w.r.t. Kolto Residue. You should try to keep KR up as much as possible, but it's not as big of a deal as it used to be.

After reading more stuff I've changed my habits on this a bit.

However, most phases of most fights (we're working on last guy TFB HM atm ) I don't need to do much more than spam KB and HS. I use BI on cooldown which usually ends up hitting someone that has Kolto Residue on them anyway.

*But* when I'm going to be doing both KB and BI to fill someone up, I still make it a point to do KB first if possible, every little bit helps in some of those burn phases.

You want to be using Supercharge Cells every time as soon as it's available because of the 5% damage reduction buff provided by Kolto Bomb. If you are charging up your cells correctly, you can maintain 100% uptime on this buff (especially important to keep it on the tank) with the PvE set bonus. Use a Kolto Bomb immediately after activating SCC, and use another one just again before it runs out. In addition using SCC vents heat improving your overall healing output.

i don't see how you can get to 30 charges in less than 15s

sure, you could cast 5 medical probes at ~1.7s each in about 9s or so, but say goodbye to your ammo.

what rotation are you using that allows you to get SCC up all the time? do you not have ammo issues?

i've been playing around lately with frontline medic and using hammershot to help out dps, fill my charge, and self heal inbetween SCC. maybe i'll start there.

i'm going to try this out though. normally i save SCC for burst phases or when a lot of people are low (so i can throw out a lot of AMPs on everyone), but i'll test it out with continuing with my normal rotation but trying to keep SCC up as much as possible.

Commandos don't need to vent heat.
they don't need to be pedantic either

After reading more stuff I've changed my habits on this a bit.

However, most phases of most fights (we're working on last guy TFB HM atm ) I don't need to do much more than spam KB and HS. I use BI on cooldown which usually ends up hitting someone that has Kolto Residue on them anyway.

*But* when I'm going to be doing both KB and BI to fill someone up, I still make it a point to do KB first if possible, every little bit helps in some of those burn phases.

i think to clarify what KeyboardNinja meant (i apologize if this is incorrect), using BI only if kolto residue is up is a bad idea, but regularly using KB to keep kolto residue on everyone is a good idea

that said, plugging this into simcraft or something is obviously going to produce less than ideal healing output, but i doubt anyone who would consider ideal conditions of kolto residue on the target before using any other heal wouldn't necessarily limit themselves to only healing people buffed by it.

Edited by oaceen

i think to clarify what KeyboardNinja meant (i apologize if this is incorrect), using BI only if kolto residue is up is a bad idea, but regularly using KB to keep kolto residue on everyone is a good idea

that said, plugging this into simcraft or something is obviously going to produce less than ideal healing output, but i doubt anyone who would consider ideal conditions of kolto residue on the target before using any other heal wouldn't necessarily limit themselves to only healing people buffed by it.

I think this is what i love about CM healing so much. It seems we have to be more creative with our combos, order, and "rotation" than any heal class I’ve ever played. Seems to fit the hole role-playing aspect of the class, we may not do it pretty, but at the end of the fight you'll be alive and most of your appendages are still connected to your body. In my book that aint bad.