According to the vocal minority TOR will fail in about 3 - 6 months.

chrisftw

I'm talking full out cave in to the point where the game servers must be shut down and other projects looked into to recoup the losses the game presented both EA and Bioware.

at least that's what they say....

Anybody agree with this assessment.

Edited by chrisftw

Maybe if it was more than just incessant whining, and maybe say, some substantial figures that actually pointed to your hypothesis. You can not take the whining over several dozen people, especially since they're not polled at random, to represent the majority of a extremely large and dedicated community of gamers. You lose. GG.

Maybe if it was more than just incessant whining, and maybe say, some substantial figures that actually pointed to your hypothesis. You can not take the whining over several dozen people, especially since they're not polled at random, to represent the majority of a extremely large and dedicated community of gamers. You lose. GG.

i'm just making this statement in observation of what i see here in the forums not the people who are in game. considering in game there really isn't much complaining happening. other than about Que's

And in my time the earth was supposed to end about 20 times now.

At a certain point you need to look at people making predicitons and realize they are fools.

Everyone making a prediction is a fool to you when you don't like the message they bring.

I've been through many MMO launches and this one is equally as unimpressive as the rest. A niche market will stick around until this game goes F2P like the rest of them and dies.

That depends on BioWare. If WoW did not continually repair bugs, add content and expand the game it would have failed in 3-6 months too.

BioWare needs to keep up with adding to the game to keep the player base happy and interested. If they do that this game will succeed like no other MMO other than WoW. If they take forever to fix bugs and don't add new content on a regular basis they will slowly fail.

It will not fail completely though, it won't be as if they will have no subscribers. If they hang on to just the BioWare or Star Wars fanatics the game may still run for 10+ years. SWG for all its doom and gloom sayers had a solid player base right up till the final days.

Failure for TOR would mean going F2P and having a few hundred thousand subscribers. I'd bet on BioWare keeping up with future demand though and this game will be a major success in the long run.

Edited by Kazmtyh

The best guess at how many folks are in before the game launches is guesstimated to be around a million and a half.

Various interviews have stated that they are aiming for about two million solid subs.

...so, if they lose half of the players who are playing right now, and only double the preorders...

Yeah, no. I figure TOR has a long lifetime. I've been in good launches, bad launches, good betas, and bad betas. A lot of betas and a lot of launches. Most of them... except for WoW.

And this has been the most populated early launch I've ever seen.

Everyone making a prediction is a fool to you when you don't like the message they bring.

I've been through many MMO launches and this one is equally as unimpressive as the rest. A niche market will stick around until this game goes F2P like the rest of them and dies.

i'm sorry but F2P won't work in this game. not financially possible.

so you agree with said assessment that this game will SHUT DOWN faster than APB did which was about 5 1/2 to 6 months.

although its no surprise given your post logs.

Edited by chrisftw

According to the vocal minority it already failed during beta several months ago.

The vocal minority has never been right once, most of them believe in UFO's, are Birthers, think that the moon landings were faked and that JFK is alive and well and living in Cubs with Elvis in an apartment they rent from Jimmy Hoffa

I'm talking full out cave in to the point where the game servers must be shut down and other projects looked into to recoup the losses the game presented both EA and Bioware.

at least that's what they say....

Anybody agree with this assessment.

Sounds like you've been on /v lately. I suggest you lay off of 4chan for a while.

The whining and entitled minority here were tossing around the word "fail' on 13-12 which is ridiculous. The word is so overused as to have no meaning. Remember we're dealing with people with a twitter attention span of 140 characters or less. If it isn't RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW! then they begin to complain. It's sad and yet amusing. Let the bedwetters go, the rest of us will be better off without them and their venom.

The point you missed it.

Whether i like the message or not, making a prediction based on your gut feeling without any outside evidence is foolish. Get it yet, i can type slower and with smaller words if you'd like.

Ehm even the most fail game will not end in 6 month ......

Swtor is a great game with a lot of fun ....

I like read the games forum when I have some time at work but god ...... 40% whiners 40%brainless ppl that listen the whiners .....

1 more poin , I've been in all the major mmo out there but swtor is the only one that lock me on the story , reading every dialogue and enjoy it all the way , this will never be surpassed from graphic or pvp , because those can be fixed story is the best contents and swtor own with it !

Sorry non native speaker -_-

i'm sorry but F2P won't work in this game. not financially possible.

so you agree with said assessment that this game will SHUT DOWN faster than APB did which was about 5 1/2 to 6 months.

although its no surprise given your post logs.

Gives you an idea of the kind of people that say this if they think it will shut down faster than APB. I'll take you to the original post i made, anyone making predictions is a fool.

oh yes its true , if a bunch of nerds on the Internet said it most be true , I mean come on who you going to believe EA/BIO , who spend millions upon millions of dollars and countless man hours or Bob and Dave who don't like the game because theres no elf's in it ?

I am sure this multimillion dollar company did no research and no focus groups or marketing analysis , they just said "screw it lest make the game"

sorry to be harsh but the lack of business sense and how things are produced I.E created is astounding to me .

Ehm even the most fail game will not end in 6 month ......

Swtor is a great game with a lot of fun ....

I like read the games forum when I have some time at work but god ...... 40% whiners 40%brainless ppl that listen the whiners .....

1 more poin , I've been in all the major mmo out there but swtor is the only one that lock me on the story , reading every dialogue and enjoy it all the way , this will never be surpassed from graphic or pvp , because those can be fixed story is the best contents and swtor own with it !

Sorry non native speaker -_-

Actually All points bulletin was a third person shooter MMO

the game failed and actually caused the company who created it to go out of business and sell the game off to gamersfirst which is a free to play company

the game and all its servers shut down in as little as 5 1/2 to 6 months time.

Swg ran for a number of years and that only shut down due to this game,so no I think swtor has a long life ahead,it may not end up been the biggest mmo in the world but I think it will run probably till the next star wars mmo is invented. Edited by Karraway

oh yes its true , if a bunch of nerds on the Internet said it most be true , I mean come on who you going to believe EA/BIO , who spend millions upon millions of dollars and countless man hours or Bob and Dave who don't like the game because theres no elf's in it ?

I am sure this multimillion dollar company did no research and no focus groups or marketing analysis , they just said "screw it lest make the game"

sorry to be harsh but the lack of business sense and how things are produced I.E created is astounding to me .

look at the forums there are countless threads. albeit some from the same people stating

"they will not sub after 30 days"

"canceling order"

"un polished"

"maple story has better game mechanics"

"wow is the first and best mmo"

the phrase "where's theres smoke, there must be fire" must apply does it not?

look at the forums there are countless threads. albeit some from the same people stating

"canceling order"

"un polished"

"wow is the first and best mmo"

That's a nice response, it doesn't really have anything to do with what you quoated, but yah.

"canceling order"

"un polished"

"wow is the first and best mmo" WoW was not the first so this is sutomatically out as a valid argument.

Bioware didn't set out to re-invent the wheel, they just wanted it to run a bit better. The whiners are entitled and never satisfied. Good riddance to them.