Jawa Sith Lord?

Sadishist

Yeah! but unfortunately it will never happen. Read somewhere that BW made statement where there will be no character who doesn't speak Basic. But on the other hand, we have Twilek and where did you saw in the game that any twilek npc speaks basic?

Yeah! but unfortunately it will never happen. Read somewhere that BW made statement where there will be no character who doesn't speak Basic. But on the other hand, we have Twilek and where did you saw in the game that any twilek npc speaks basic?

They can always have one of those universal translators, like Mass Effect.

But on the other hand, we have Twilek and where did you saw in the game that any twilek npc speaks basic?

Korriban (Vette), Hutta (that guy in the Evokii camp), Yadira Ban (Black Talon boss), pretty sure the crazy guy under corruscant was a basic-speaking Twi'lek as well. To name a few.

Edited by sockrocker

I personally believe that it has less to do with the race being able to speak basic (that for me is just a big pile of horse manure of an excuse) than more with the only four available character models.

Adding an alien such as a wookie or a jawa would mean they would have to add specific skeletons and animations in the cutscenes, and as a consequence their puppeteers and animators would have to go through each and every cutscenes in the game to rewire all the animations multiplied by the number of new character models.

This explanation is also reinforced by the fact that it is impossible to "dress" Khem Vhal, Bliz or Broonmark, since they do not use any of the four standard skeletons. They can only use the customization kits to change their armor as they are predefined.

That is also my hypothesis that any new playable race will strictly use the existing humanoid character models, for the reason above.

Edited by Oggthebase