Transfer Reward Box - No longer giving Black Hole Commendations?

Mossesman

Been grinding out a few new characters, and i have managed to hit level 20 with both of them (20 is the required level to open the boxes). I got the pet from them but i didnt get the black hole commendations. It happened on both of my 20 toons so far. I sent a bug report but i havent heard anything back from them so far, so i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem as me

I guess the box you opened was the 1.2 legacy reward box containing the Tauntaun.

Characters created after August 1st no longer receive the box containing the Gannafari and the 25 Comms.

However, I opened one of the transfer boxes last week (before 1.4) and I did still receive the Comms.

Edited by atschai

This was a limited time deal for the first server transfer. Since then we've had 2 other server transfers and you won't be getting them if you haven't already. It was only give to active characters before the first server merge. New characters created after the fact will get no such rewards.

thankyoudrivethrucomeagainplease

This was a limited time deal for the first server transfer. Since then we've had 2 other server transfers and you won't be getting them if you haven't already. It was only give to active characters before the first server merge. New characters created after the fact will get no such rewards.

thankyoudrivethrucomeagainplease

It sounds like he already had the boxes from the first server transfer (it's a little vague though as he called them new characters). His characters were just not yet 20 so he couldn't open them. Now, once they hit 20, he opened them and they did not have the Black Hole comms in them.

I currently have a level 18 that has the server transfer box and I haven't leveled her to 20 yet. If I open that box and there are no Black Hole comms in it, I will definitely be sending a ticket into support.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

It sounds like he already had the boxes from the first server transfer (it's a little vague though as he called them new characters). His characters were just not yet 20 so he couldn't open them. Now, once they hit 20, he opened them and they did not have the Black Hole comms in them.

I currently have a level 18 that has the server transfer box and I haven't leveled her to 20 yet. If I open that box and there are no Black Hole comms in it, I will definitely be sending a ticket into support.

You may as well jump on that now. I have one that was in the teens as well and started playing again. Hit 20. Got the pet but not the comms.

If you're getting them for the Exotech stim schematics, you can definitely use them before level 50.

But there's no way, to my knowledge, to spend exactly 25 comms before level 50, which was the point, I think. So if you have the pet, and are not yet 50, you should have SOME comms. If you don't, that should be proof positive.

But there's no way, to my knowledge, to spend exactly 25 comms before level 50, which was the point, I think. So if you have the pet, and are not yet 50, you should have SOME comms. If you don't, that should be proof positive.

Ok. I misunderstood what you were saying. The Exotech schems are 20 comms each so even if I bought one, I'd still have 5 comms remaining that I could do nothing with. The customer service rep I chatted with said he verified I never received them. How exactly he did that, I don't really know.

So, should I wait to open the box in hope they might fix it with the character that just hit 20 or should I open it and write a ticket then?

I opened my box, noticed there is only pet, left it here and sent ticket(written in it that I've cheked box and there are no comms). Result: They told me to check box in my inventory and write again if I still won't have my comms. Obviously, they weren't here.

So if people had it resolved with box opened, probably better to take pet, and then send ticket.

If you're getting them for the Exotech stim schematics, you can definitely use them before level 50.

Time for me to open some tickets. Yes, plural. One for each character without the comms.

And I always saved mine for 50 because anything sub-50 was not worth wasting on IMO. But as someone already pointed out, I don't think those are exactly 25 comms so still it should be obvious if comms weren't rewarded.

And there were toons I would have moved back then if not for their limit of 8 characters at the time. Bioware should have given them the boxes too.

CS got back to me and delivered my BH Coms.

Same. Although the droid CS guy made some comment about the pet must have been hungry being in the crate so long and ate my BH comms. If I were a RP'er, I'd have liked that response but when it's a bug, I wish they would just stay serious.

I had allot of toons that went through the first transfer. All but one of them opened their boxes early. they all got their comms. my last one opened his box jsut last week at lvl 22, and his weren't in there. I submitted a ticket, and within a few days (perhaps a week), he got confirmation, and got his comms. he was 24 iirc at the time. SO here's a few points on this for people wondering:

1) if you went through the initial transfer, you should have them.

2) if the character was part of the last forced migration, you wont

3) doesn't matter what level you submit the ticket

4) you can't open the box till 20, so best to wait until then to know for sure.

5) make sure you don't submit a /bug ticket. they will only "report" the issue to the dev teams with a /bug ticket. open up a different ticket type. I used "loot" as a ticket option, and had no issues. not sure if different ticket categories work just s well.

If you get your comms, let us know. There's a way to prove no comms. If you are not level 50 yet and have the pet, then you should have comms. You really can't use them until 50.

But it shouldn't matter if you are 50 or not, when you open the box you should get the BH comms regardless of level. I have a number of characters that have them and none of them are 50.

It must be a bug. I have an unopened box or two myself (on characters that have yet to be leveled up, which I assume is what the OP's new characters were being that they had the boxes) and it says right on the mouse over info that it rewards the Ganifari and the Black Hole comms.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

But it shouldn't matter if you are 50 or not, when you open the box you should get the BH comms regardless of level. I have a number of characters that have them and none of them are 50.

It must be a bug. I have an unopened box or two myself (on characters that have yet to be leveled up, which I assume is what the OP's new characters were being that they had the boxes) and it says right on the mouse over info that it rewards the Ganifari and the Black Hole comms.

People really need to pay attention to the direction things are going.

It does matter about not being 50 because before 50, you can't spend them all in the exact amount. So even if you spend them sub-50, you will have some left over thus if you aren't 50 and no comms, that's proof you got gipped.

And we already established on page 1 it's a bug and early page 2 the person said he/she got corrected by contacting CS.

People really need to pay attention to the direction things are going.

It does matter about not being 50 because before 50, you can't spend them all in the exact amount. So even if you spend them sub-50, you will have some left over thus if you aren't 50 and no comms, that's proof you got gipped.

And we already established on page 1 it's a bug and early page 2 the person said he/she got corrected by contacting CS.

Um, hello? It does NOT matter if you can spend them or not. It does NOT matter if you are 50 or not. When you open the box you are supposed to get them regardless. Level has nothing to do with whether or not you receive them from the box. If you want proof I can show you upwards of 30 or so characters that are below level 50 that have Black Hole commendations.

Don't make out like I don't know what I'm talking about, bub.