Smuggler/ Bounty hunter neutral?

OdenLocke

Another idea I have had which could make the story line for these two character classes. A lot of fun and more interesting. Is making both the Smuggler and the bounty hunter neutral. Have them work for both sides in order to make money. Which is something that these characters will do anything for.

Making them neutral would mean having a smuggler smuggle stuff from the Republic into the Empire (for credits) With the bounty hunter. Have them hunt everyone. I'm sorry if I am playing Boba Fett I want to feel like him, and not just follow the same go here, then go there mail missions. I want to kill stuff!!. Heck make it so we can put bounties on player characters. Or be able to smuggle stuff for player characters.

These are just ideas, but I think they could make the game more fun.

Yes they should be non-affiliated classes, since they are freelancers.

And they act non-affiliated until

The Jedi Council and the Republic Senate go out of their way to murder the Bounty Hunter's friends in cold Blood

and

The Sith get involved in the hunt for Nok Drayan's treasure, and invade the Smuggler's Orbital haven, killing everyone on board

what a great idea, they also still need neutral relics then please..............this bit sadly lacking still

the OP is talking neutral faction you ae talking about neutral alignment LS/DS :p

I agree that Smugglers and Bounty Hunters should have been faction neutral from the start and then at the end of say chapter one you are forced to choose, but I also understand why they were made Republic and Empire respectively from the start - MUCH EASIER storytelling.

I agree that having smugglers and bounty hunters as neutral would be a fun idea. Although, as others have pointed out, the storylines have already been written and it's too late to impliment this into the game now. However, I may have an idea of getting around that. Earlier I was thinking of the possibility of a third faction based on the large-scale criminal cartels we come across in the star wars universe with a space dock in Hutt space. Each class would be tied to republic or empire like they are now, but would have the opportunity at some point to journey to the "fleet" for the lack of a better word and join up there.

Naturally, smugglers and bounty hunters would be the most appropriate classes to go there, but in truth, any class can be tempted to betray their cause for a promise of wealth. Renegade sith and jedi along with double agents and corrupt military officers could now join the smugglers and bounty hunters in the new faction. All hush hush of course so that the decision to profiteer won't interfer with the stories already in place. Most classes have at least one crew member who'd support shady business and looking out for yourself and could go with you to the criminal "fleet": Kaliyo (agent), Vette (warrior) Andronikos (Inq), Tanno Vik (trooper) are some examples I've come acrossed.

This may be a difficult addition to the game since it would require a new "fleet" area and lots of missions to go with the new neutral faction. But it would open up the game for numerous posibilities in pvp, pve, and even rp.

Edited by Kushluk_

It honestly doesn't bother me. I guess you could say I'm "Neutral" about it. D'o ho ho ho.

I suppose one would have to look at it from a technical standpoint...They have these two factions and the two classes. Who goes where? They don't want to make a third faction because that seems a touch like something they might do come Expansion #3 or so.

So...

Bounty Hunter- In Star Wars stories, these guys are typically the bad guys. So, Empire.

Smuggler- Han Solo, the dashing rogue. Republic.

I agree with the pvp idea, say a smuggler or bounty hunter is on your team and they have a mission to make that team fail and the other win. It makes things very interesting.

The technical standpoint though isn't really that bad. All other MMO's have two sides. Making a third would separate ToR from all the rest, of the hum drum. If we had neutral classes, it gives us the chance to work for the Republic one second then the Empire the next.

I also know that the Imperial agent kinda does some stuff like this, but it doesn't seem very convincing to me.