Bind To Legacy - Crafting

SorrowsShadow

It would be nice to be able to craft the highest end gear for all legacy characters, but I think that's just an extra time and credit sink seeing as how you could have a few level 10's with 400 in the other skills.(I have 2 level 10's with maxed cyber and armor) The only way around it would be to make the craftable legacy gear have a level requirement to craft which I don't believe is any gear currently has in its requirements.

What would be nice was if all the crafting requirements could be met by having a legacy character, such as all the reusable stims and medpacks.

No crafted equipment should be 'bind on pickup'.. Its not even a legacy thing. Crafters already get the short end of the stick in SWTOR so making some of the few things they can make that other people want 'Bond on pickup' is just poor design.

This would be a really simple project for anyone and likely could be fixed with a global search and replace on an attribute function for items with a crafting recipe. If bind on pickup change to bind on equip,

I had the same issue, made some bracers for an alt and found they were bind on pickup and got stuck with them. I would argue that limiting these items to the crafters themselves is NOT rewarding, IT'S restricting. Let me repeat that: I, as a crafter, feel restricted by this policy. If you want to reward me for leveling up my crafting let me share my skill and profit from it. It's not like I can craft a whole rakata set, so there's still going to be the need to run the HM fp and ops if you want the rest of the rakata gear anyway. So frankly I'd like for these to be bind on equip so I could actually make some money selling them on the GTN. However, if that won't happen then bind to legacy as suggested by the OP is good enough for me and will reward players for having a variety of crafters in their legacy.

• 5 months later...

I strongly support this suggestion. I only found out long *after* I'd been PvPig for a long time, leveled up Armstech, and learned many Armstech schematics, that Biochem even had these special bind on pick-up resuable items.

Given how quickly one would potentially go through these items in PvP, if going all-out, Biochem clearly is the best profession for a PvP character, and characters without Biochem are at a clear disadvantage unless they spend mega credits for huge quantities of the non-reusables. But, if I switched, I'd have to give up Armstech, not one of my mission or gathering skills, and lose all the schematics I've spend hundreds of hours and countless credits learning. Had I known what I'd be missing out on, I might've levelled up Biochem to 400, made the level cap reusables, and then switched to Armstech (missing out on being able to level it along with my character, but at least I'd have the Biochem reusables by then), or perhaps simply let a lower level less favored alternate take up Armstech and keep my main Biochem so she could still have top end resuables even after level cap increase.

I could easily see someone levelling up 16 Biochemists (one of each class) simply to make sure they can all have these reusables, and perhaps changing 5 of them to other crafts after reaching 400 skill level. Which seems like a huge repetitive grind. Isn't the whole point of the legacy system to allow characters to benefit from characters who have gone before them, and be strengthened by ones who come after?

Bind to legacy instead of bind on pickup would reward crafters without requiring anyone to create 16 biochemists, switch professions after having fully leveled one, or other such repetitive grind nonsense in order to enjoy the fruits of their crafting.