paid character transfers.

Quinntenfelde

any news one when there coming? should not be taking this long, people are asking you guys to implement a feature that WILL MAKE YOU MONEY! :confused:

The live Steam they do the other day said soon but the way the do things in this game there soon is 6 month or more, so no time soon . :(

[This was addressed in the LiveStream Q&A on Sept. 21, 2012 (that is, 8 days ago). Emphasis added:

Q: It was mentioned that along with the free transfers we would be offered paid transfers for characters who like to move from one server to another. Is this still in the works?

A: Certainly we want to offer people the option to do character transfer as a paid service. We got a little bit of additional work that is going to need to go in before we can actually offer it as a paid service but that is coming in the near future.

I do not recall where I stumbled on the info, so I can't do a quote, but I think that the only missing thing now is the method of payment. They really are working on microstransactions very intently now, and want them done in time to launch the cash shop in November. I'd say "very near future" in this case really does mean "if an asteroid doesn't kill us all, it will be in the next big content patch this fall."

So, pray for asteroids not to hit Texas. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

near future, sept 21st....now is october 16th....been almost a month.

I already recancelled my sub, and I cant even bring myself to log into Jung Ma and see 8 people in a zone if I'm lucky. I'm just playing Dragon Age: Origins in hopes they server transfers come before my time runs out.

I've told myself if the time runs out, (20 days left) before they offer transfers, swtor is off my system, and not going back on it.

• 3 months later...

Having this service would be great. I still have friends that (due to some poor communication, when we initially chose servers) I can not play with. Made me quit the game nearly a year ago. We decided to come back very recently (because this feature has been discussed since launch) only to find that we are still forced to play on different servers :(

I don't understand the hesitancy? What is the drawback not to allow this?! It would keep subscribers happy and generate additional revenue. I would gladly reactivate my subscription if I was playing with my buddies (and would not have deactivated it in the first place- generating them over 150$ over the past year)- but without this feature I don't see myself getting drawn back in.

Edited by crackersunltd

I am from the Jung Ma Server. I have been playing on the Harbinger Server for about 3 or 4 months now because Jung Ma's Population is so low. I have 2 - 50's, 1 - 40, & a couple of 30's there that are just laying dormant! It burns me to no end that I cannot transfer all the invested hours & hard work! Please, give me Paid Transfers Soon!

• 3 weeks later...
I have been subbing for close to 2 years. I have a 50 stuck on Jung Ma as well. The server is dead, I need to transfer him out he is my fav char and I have been waiting for this feature for nearly a year now. Soon is not 6+months. Please guys stop fretting over whether a server's pop is going to go bust because its already happening in places like jung ma due to short term thinking such as this. Keep your customers happy by giving them options, considering your competition offers this with no hesitation should speak volumes to you.

Any news on this. I will not be playing until I can leave this BS pvp server.

Same thing here. I started playing with other people whom all left, and I really wanna play on a PvE server. I can't even play the current event because I get ganked. Needed feature.

Same thing here. I started playing with other people whom all left, and I really wanna play on a PvE server. I can't even play the current event because I get ganked. Needed feature.

^ this.

My sub ends next month, and I dont wanna continue pay and play on my current pvp server, cuz I found here very rude and unfriendly community with huge faction imbalance. All my friends, which I begins this game year ago on my server, leave this game.

If i quit, I guess I never return back, cuz its my first and last MMO.

You have month, BW. If no server transfer, than farewell.