Star Wars Galactic battlegrounds bug

Stalysfa

Hi all,

I played Star Wars TOR during the 2 firsts months. But now i'm waiting that TOR turns into a free-to-play game.

To wait that, i wanted to reinstall Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds.

But I have a big problem. When i start a campaign or a normal game, the screen keepts drifting to the left, so I can't play because when i try to go somewhere on the map, my screen drifts to the left. I'm on Windows 7, does it explain why ?

I'm not sure this forum is the best place to ask some advice but everywhere i went to request some helps, nobody answered to me.

I'm French, it's normal if you find many mistakes.

Thanks for reading ! :)

what do you mean by "the screen keeps drifting to the left" ? is the screen scrolling like you moved your mouse there or is the whole actual screen UI and all moving?

and have you tried installing and running it in comparability mode for like XP? I have a few older games that get all screwed up if I don't both install and run in compatibility mode with my Win7

I re-install 3 times but this bug remains. :(

Then I really don't know what to tell you. Try running a compatibility wizard on the game. I think that's what it is called. I used this program a long time ago to get all of my old games running on my Windows 7. I can't remember what it's called though.

When I say the screen keeps drifting to the left, that means the screen scrolls as if i were moving it with my mouse.

I'm not sure it's clear, that's not easy to explain that bug. ^^

I tried to run the game in XP compatibility but not installing it with XP compatibility. Does it really change something ?

@Aurbere : What is the wizard compatibility ?

@Aurbere : What is the wizard compatibility ?

It's been quite a while since I've played SW GB so I don't remember what program I used get it working. Go on to Google and type in Compatibility Wizard I think. Again, it's been a while since I've played it so my memory is a bit sketchy.

Ah ok, i see what is the wizard compatibility. It's because my OS is in French and it's called "Compatibilité des programmes". ^^

When you wrote wizard, i was thinking about the mages. ^^

So yep, i tried to use XP compatibility, but didn't work. The screen keeps drifting to the left until it's blocked on the left corner of the map.

Ah ok, i see what is the wizard compatibility. It's because my OS is in French and it's called "Compatibilité des programmes". ^^

When you wrote wizard, i was thinking about the mages. ^^

So yep, i tried to use XP compatibility, but didn't work. The screen keeps drifting to the left until it's blocked on the left corner of the map.

Can you try windows 7 compatibility? If not then I don't know what else to tell you.

I tried but i doesn't work too.

My mouse doesn't bug. I can move my mouse without problems during the game it's only the screen which drifts to the left.

I tried to search on google other people who had the same problem but i found just one other person who posted something and he didn't receive answers...

I tried but i doesn't work too.

My mouse doesn't bug. I can move my mouse without problems during the game it's only the screen which drifts to the left.

I tried to search on google other people who had the same problem but i found just one other person who posted something and he didn't receive answers...

I just really don't know what to tell you then. Are you sure it's not something with your keyboard?

I'm sure it's my computer which has a problem because i installed the game on the computer of my brother and it worked really good. With the same CDs.

So, yep it's a problem with my computer i think, but i don't know what because my keyboard works. It's a lap top ASUS.

I'm sure it's my computer which has a problem because i installed the game on the computer of my brother and it worked really good. With the same CDs.

So, yep it's a problem with my computer i think, but i don't know what because my keyboard works. It's a lap top ASUS.

You might need to update some of your hardware. I'm not sure what you have to do.