The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

prototype cylinder ventilation

CthulhuRyleh

I am finding this skill a little confusing. "While high energy gas cylinder is active, you have a 100% chance to vent 8 heat every 6 seconds ". What I want to know is how do I cause it to proc? High energy cylinder just causes more internal and elemental damage so I am having a hard time understanding WHEN, the heat is going to be vented. I am assuming that anytime internal or elemental damage is dealt it will happen but it does not really specify.

I am finding this skill a little confusing. "While high energy gas cylinder is active, you have a 100% chance to vent 8 heat every 6 seconds ". What I want to know is how do I cause it to proc? High energy cylinder just causes more internal and elemental damage so I am having a hard time understanding WHEN, the heat is going to be vented. I am assuming that anytime internal or elemental damage is dealt it will happen but it does not really specify.

It auto procs and there are 2 common ways to calculate the time of prccing. (if SWTOR is similar to other MMOs)

1. The second you have more than 1 heat, it instantly proc and bring you down to 0 heat and the clock starts then and will vent 8 heat every 6 seconds.

2. Internal Clock of your toon/game. There's an invisible clock internal clock thats ALWAYS counting down. Like Rogue's Energy regen in WoW. This means theres an invisible clock thats always counting 1-2-3-4-5-6-1-2-3-4-5-6 regardless what you are doing. Assuming the system decides to proc it on every "second 6" and you do an attack that generates heat at the "2" mark you will hae to wait for 4 more seconds until the 8 heat is vented. If you execute the attack some time between "5" and "6" the 8 heat will feel like its instantly vented right after you preformed the attack.

In mmo option 2 is more common. And many MMO has addon to make the count down "visible" so you know how far away you are at until next regen/proc. In WoW many rogue player will wait till 1 second before their energy "ticks in" and open up on their enemy from stealth, which will instantly regen back to full energy after using cheap shot and so on.

Edited by warultima