How I would help balance PTs and Mercs

Briggs_Knightly

THIS IS JUST FOR FUN! Don't respond with this just sux or something like that. I play with this stuff when I'm bored and can't access the internet. I do not expect Bioware to actually read this or even care about class balance. People have asked me what I think about this or that so I figured I would post this for peeps to read for fun.

I have a level 50 VG and a level 50 Merc. I understand some of the problems in balancing the Merc/Commando with the PT/VG. It seems that Bioware has failed to meet their obligation to provide fun to play, balanced, classes that give different strategic opportunities but no OP classes. One reason for this (in my opinion) it that they are trying to give the PT/VG the same benefits of the ranged classes and ALSO the benefits of the mele classes. It is obvious that this all encompassing class would be OP. So they are trying to figure a way to weaken PT/VG while keeping them similar to the Merc/Commando. These adjustments have had a small impact on the PT/VGs but have killed their ranged counterparts. They are too incompetent to find alternate solutions so I plan out what I would do.

It is obvious that their were some decisions that were made early on that they will not undo. I however have the freedom to give whatever skill I want to create balance but still a fun style. I have created many different combinations but here is one:

> Level Cast Cost Range Cldwn

BH 40 Inst > > 120 s Power Surge

Your next ability with an activation time will activate instantly. Effect lasts 12 seconds.

BH 30 Inst > > 120 s Kolto Overload

Restores 18% of maximum health over 12 seconds.

BH 25 Inst > 20 m 20 s Stealth Scan

Fires off probes that scan the area for stealthed opponents. Probes last for 12 seconds.

BH 20 Inst > > 1200 s Heroic Moment: On the Trail

Finishes the cooldown on Electro Dart and restores 2% of maximum health every 3 seconds. Lasts 1 minute. Requires an active companion.

BH 15 Inst 24 ht 20 m 60 s Death from Above

Rains death from above, firing a volley of missiles at the target area, dealing X kinetic damage over the duration. Weak and standard targets are knocked down by the blasts.

BH 14 Inst > > 120 s Energy Shield

Reduces all damage taken by 30% for 12 seconds.

BH 13 Inst 16 ht 30 m 15 s Rail Shot

Fires a very powerful shot at the target that deals X weapon damage. Only usable against incapacitated targets and targets suffering from periodic damage.

BH 12 Inst 8 ht 20 m 60 s Electro Dart

Fires an electro dart that stuns the target for 4 seconds.

BH 11 Inst 24 ht > 15 s Flame Thrower

Torches everything in a 10-meter cone with a flamethrower, dealing X elemental damage over the duration.

BH 10 Inst > > 600 s EMP charge

Stuns all weak and standard droids within 8 m for 12 seconds. Also stuns strong droids and yourself for 2 seconds. Requires an active companion.

BH 9 Inst 16 ht 30 m 15 s Unload

Unloads your blaster into the target, dealing X weapon damage every second. Weak and standard enemies caught in the blaster fire are stunned for the duration. Fires both blasters if dual wielding.

BH 8 Inst > > 120 s Determination

Removes all incapacitating and movement-impairing effects.

BH 7 Inst 16 ht 4 m 9 s Rocket Punch

Engages the jetpack, allowing you to strike the target with a heavy punch that deals X kinetic damage.

BH 6 Inst > 20 m 6 s Hunter's Boon

Increases the target's Endurance by 5% for 60 minutes. If the target is a party member, all other party members are also affected.

BH 5 Inst 8 ht 20 m 15 s Explosive Dart

Fires a dart that detonates after several seconds dealing X kinetic damage. Standard and weak enemies enter a state of panic while the dart is active.

BH 4 1.5 s > > > Combustible Gas Cylinder

Loads your blaster with combustible gas, giving all of your blaster attacks a 10% chance to deal X additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. Only one cylinder can be active at a time.

BH 3 1.5 s 16 ht 30 m > Power Shot

Overcharges your main blaster and fires off a single, powerful, shot that deals X weapon damage.

BH 2 Inst > > > Recharge and Reload

Regenerates health and vents heat while channeling. Not usable in combat.

BH 1 Inst 24 ht 30 m 15 s Missile Blast

Deals X kinetic damage to the target and 0.33X additional kinetic damage to up to 3 nearby enemies in a 5-meter radius. Weak and Standard targets are knocked back from the blast.

BH 1 Inst > 30 m > Rapid Shots

Fires a quick stream of bolts, causing X weapon damage.

BH 1 Inst > > 120 s Vent Heat

Rapidly vents 50 heat over 3 seconds.

BH 1 > > > > Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Pistol

Able to equip blaster pistols, and similar sidearm weapons.

BH 1 > > > > Armor Proficiency: Heavy

Able to equip heavy combat armor.

BH 1 > > > > Armor Proficiency: Medium

Able to equip medium-weight armor.

BH 1 > > > > Armor Proficiency: Light

Able to equip clothing, robes, and light-weight armor.

BH > > > > > Shoulder Slam

Changed and moved to Tech

BH > > > > > Thermal Sensor Override

Changed and moved to Merc

> Level Time Cost Range Cldwn Name

Merc 50 Inst > > 120 s Thermal Sensor Override

Your next ability generates no heat. Effect lasts 12 seconds.

Merc 46 1.5 s 8 ht 20 m 300 s Onboard AED

Shocks and revives an incapacitated ally. This ability is usable while in combat. When used, all party members can neither use nor be the target of an in-combat revival for the next 5 minutes.

Merc 42 Inst 8 ht > 45 s Carbonize

Encases up to 5 enemies within 8 meters in carbonite, stunning them for 2.5 seconds. Damage after 2 seconds ends this effect.

Merc 38 1.5 s 32 ht 30 m 45 s Fusion Missile

Fires a fusion missile that detonates on contact, dealing X kinetic damage to up to 4 targets within 5 meters and searing all targets with radiation burns that deal X additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. Weak and standard targets enter a state of panic from the flames.

Merc 34 Inst 8 ht > 45 s Chaff Flare

Reduces threat towards all current enemies and interrupts the current action of anyone targeting you.

Merc 26 Inst 8 ht 30 m 6 s Cure

Cleanses a friendly target of up to 2 negative tech or physical effects.

Merc 22 2 s 8 ht 30 m 60 s Concussion Missile

Fires a missile at the target that knocks it out for up to 60 seconds. Non-player, non-standard and non-weak targets regenerate health rapidly while knocked out. Damage to the target after 2 seconds causes this effect to end prematurely.

Merc 18 Inst 16 ht > 30 s Jet Boost

Blasts 5 nearby enemies back and away. Targets hit by this take X elemental damage and have their movement slowed by 30% for 4 seconds.

Merc 16 1.5 s > > > High Velocity Gas Cylinder

Loads your blaster with a high velocity gas cylinder. While active, armor penetration is increased by 35%. Only one cylinder can be active at a time.

Merc 14 1.5 s 16 ht 30 m 12 s Healing Scan

Heals a friendly target for X. Requires Combat Support Cylinder.

Merc 12 1.5 s > > > Combat Support Cylinder

While active, Rapid Shots charges your powercell with each use. Charges increase all damage and healing dealt, up to a maximum of 3% at 30 charges. In addition, targeting an ally with Rapid Shots will heal the target for 100% of your tech bonus healing. Only one cylinder can be active at a time.

Merc 10 1.5 s 16 ht 20 m > Rapid Scan

Heals a friendly target for X.

Merc 10 > > > > Dual Wield

Allows you to wield two one-handed weapons.

Merc 10 > > > > Hired Protection

Reduces the cooldown of Revive by 100%.

Merc > > > > > Power Shot

Changed and moved to BH

Merc > > > > > Sweeping Blasters

Removed or change to an emote.

> Level Cast Cost Range Cldwn Name

Tech 50 Inst > > 120 s Explosive Fuel

Increases tech critical hit chance by 15% for 12 seconds.

Tech 46 Inst > > 45 s Phosphorous Flares

Reduces the accuracy of all enemies that are targeting you by 15% for 6 seconds.

Tech 42 Inst 16 ht 10 m 45 s Shoulder Slam

Slams into the target with a rocket-propelled shoulder charge, dealing X kinetic damage to weak and standard targets or X kinetic damage to strong targets. Only usable on incapacitated targets.

Tech 38 2 s 8 ht 30 m 60 s Sonic Missile

Fires a sonic missile that taunts your target and all nearby enemies, forcing them to attack you for 6 seconds. Enemy players have their damage reduced for 6 seconds unless they attack you.

Tech 34 Inst 24 ht > 30 s Flame Sweep Torches up to 5 targets within 5 meters for X elemental damage and slows those affected by 50% for 4 seconds.

Tech 26 Inst > 4 m 8 s Quell

Interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds.

Tech 22 Inst 8 ht 20 m 45 s Grapple

Fires a grapple line that pulls the target to the Bounty Hunter and generates a high amount of threat. Cannot be used on targets in cover.

Tech 18 Inst 16 ht 10 m 3 s Flame Burst

Fires a burst of flame at the target that deals X elemental damage.

Tech 16 1.5 s > > > High Energy Gas Cylinder

Loads your blaster with a high-energy gas cylinder. While active, all internal and elemental damage dealt is increased by 5%. Only one cylinder can be active at a time.

Tech 14 1.5 s > 30 m > Guard

While active, the guarded player takes 5% less damage and generates 25% less threat. In addition, so long as you remain within 15 meters of the guarded player, 50% of all incoming damage from enemy players is transferred back to you. Requires Ion Gas Cylinder.

Tech 12 1.5 s > > > Ion Gas Cylinder

Loads your blaster with ion-charged gas, giving ranged attacks a 15% chance to deal 253 additional energy damage. While this cylinder is active, threat generated is increased by 50%. Increases armor by 60%, decreases all damage taken by 5%, and increases shield chance by 15%. Only one cylinder can be active at a time. Ion Jolts can only occur once every 1.5 seconds.

Tech 10 Inst 8 ht 20 m 15 s Neural Dart

Fires a neural dart that taunts the target to attack you. Player targets deal 30% less damage when attacking anyone other than you. Effect lasts 6 seconds for weak and standard targets and 4 seconds for strong and pvp targets.

Tech 10 > > > > Armor Proficiency: Power Generator

Able to equip a power generator in your off-hand.

Tech 10 > > > > Armor Proficiency: Shield Generator

Able to equip a personal shield generator in your off-hand.