Do you guys think Makeb will have a Day/Night cycle?

Mikeni

With the fan outrage BW recieved on not having day/night cycles on planets, do you think BW devs took the hint and incorporated a day/night cycle on Makeb?

I'm hoping for one, even if it's just on the one planet, it would be pretty cool.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you like playing on fake non-immersive worlds that feel like movie set pieces with fake props.

If I wouldn't like game, I wouldn't be here.

And there is nothing immersive in light on-lights off. Oh, there is now night on Hoth. Air should freeze around you and make it impossible to leave base, but let's just turn off sun.

I actually don't care, has no influence on my gameplay. Guess a blizzard on Hoth would be cool though

This is such a good idea.

But regarding weather and weather effects, it would help the world feel more alive by like.. 999999% percent.

It's a shame that they don't put it in.

The original hero engine, which has been developed further after the swtor team took a prototype full of bugs and poor performance - has got weather and dynamic lighting today. It should not be hard to implement it.

If I wouldn't like game, I wouldn't be here.

And there is nothing immersive in light on-lights off. Oh, there is now night on Hoth. Air should freeze around you and make it impossible to leave base, but let's just turn off sun.

Er......... there's "nothing immersive" about time pasing and a planet orbiting it's star/stars? :confused:

Don't tell me you think loading screens add to immersion too? That old chestnut was a brilliant invention to defend loading screens way back when! :D

As for Hoth night? 30,000 years is long enough for global warming or cooling, the nights might be fine in this time period (at least no colder then Ilum "night". :)

However I don't think they'll ever add a Day/Night cycle to SWTOR, unfortunately I think it's just one of a long list of things (that would improve the game) BIoware EA will never add to SWTOR. :(

This is such a good idea.

But regarding weather and weather effects, it would help the world feel more alive by like.. 999999% percent.

It's a shame that they don't put it in.

The original hero engine, which has been developed further after the swtor team took a prototype full of bugs and poor performance - has got weather and dynamic lighting today. It should not be hard to implement it.

LOTRO is a good example to follow in this, not only is Day/Night done really well, but they've got some great snowstorm effects in that game too.

With the fan outrage BW recieved on not having day/night cycles on planets, do you think BW devs took the hint and incorporated a day/night cycle on Makeb?

I'm hoping for one, even if it's just on the one planet, it would be pretty cool.

Why do you think Makeb will have day/night added out of nowhere?

This is the kind of stuff that leads to QQ.

Edited by Eillack

A day/night cycle would have helped with the whole idea of immersion, something i don't believe the people behind this game ever gave a thought too.

EA Developer 1. Whats immersion ?

EA Developer 2. I think thats sompun to do with taking a bath or sumpun.

I wonder if any of them ever spent anytime playing an MMORPG at least one that wasn't static and linear.

A day/night cycle would have helped with the whole idea of immersion, something i don't believe the people behind this game ever gave a thought too.

EA Developer 1. Whats immersion ?

EA Developer 2. I think thats sompun to do with taking a bath or sumpun.

I wonder if any of them ever spent anytime playing an MMORPG at least one that wasn't static and linear.

BioWare sacrificed immersion for "Art Direction", just like everything in this game.... you know...chairs we can't even sit in.

:(

Edited by DuckKing

There's been outrage about a lot of things - many that are more important and more actual issues than this. But regardless, this topic (not Makeb specifically) has already been discussed:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530481

At the end of the matter - I don't think it will, I don't think it's necessary, and I don't care for it in the games I play.

BJ

Who said Makeb even has a rotation anyway?

You could just be on the light side.

Not all planets rotate, y'know. Hell, some, like Uranus, rotate along an entirely different axis!

Yes but planets like Tatooine don't stay day time forever! That's not how lore goes in the star wars universe.

Edited by DuckKing

You'll be able to purchase night or day when it goes FTP. I believe they're starting with a special offer, buy day get night free, for a ltd time only run.

Yes but planets like Tatooine don't stay day time forever! That's not how lore goes in the star wars universe.

True and 2 of the most moving scenes( at least to me) where people staring off into the tat sunset.

But lets be real here for a moment, this game along with most other single player games don't have day/night cycles, so for what this is it, what they have is just fine.

Edited by Etheric

While this is a good idea in itsleft, I doubt they'd depart from the design of the previous planets so much. Right now, I really don't miss the day/night cycle. I they implement it on one planet, though, they'd have to rework the rest as well or else make them look bad and incomplete.

Most of the people that wanted these features and complained to no end about the ""static"" worlds are already gone and the playerbase that is left do not care about that stuff.

They want more content not RP or sim world features....

Welcome to the future of MMOS

Most of the people that wanted these features and complained to no end about the ""static"" worlds are already gone and the playerbase that is left do not care about that stuff.

They want more content not RP or sim world features....

Welcome to the future of MMOS

You sound enthusiastic about playing in a poorly made Star Wars universe. I guess you and all the players left here will keep giving BioWare a pass on mediocre content.

Can't believe the players here love mediocre content. I would rather have players push for good suggestions to improve SWTOR.

Edited by DuckKing