Name Wiping and Re-assigning

oembob

This is something I would like to see happen before F2P hits.

Most people can agree that dormant toons squatting on names since release should have their names freed up. What would be nice to see in conjunction with that is, active subscribers get a chance to rename their toons before F2P hits. This would give everyone that is paying to play the opportunity to get names they were previously unable to get or even lost during the first wave of Server Transfers.

Anyone else agree with this?

No. I like the names I have and I do not really wish to change them. I would fear that such a move would make it so someone else might take my name if I just happen to not log on the day it happens. I really think more people would be unhappy with this then it would make happy.

This is something I would like to see happen before F2P hits.

Most people can agree that dormant toons squatting on names since release should have their names freed up. What would be nice to see in conjunction with that is, active subscribers get a chance to rename their toons before F2P hits. This would give everyone that is paying to play the opportunity to get names they were previously unable to get or even lost during the first wave of Server Transfers.

Anyone else agree with this?

There is no I repeat NO way this could end good..... it's just a bad idea at this point.

Personally me , I know it would have been harder and taken more time but I wish Bioware had left Legacy Names unique, then change it so when you log in with out a legacy yet it made you pick a name, it would mean only each account would require one unique name per server not up to 12. Change chat channels to key off Legacy names, swap out hiding legacy name with hiding first name instead, tweak the mail to start with legacy name first then a second line for the specific toon you wished, maybe even have it as a drop down menu. could then change friends and ingore list to be off Legacy maybe with friends make it default to the toon that is on at that time, with an opinion to then reguest it to legacy friend and the other player could allow or decline as they wished.

even watching the moives most of the time their address by what in game would be legacy names, It wasnt Captain Han, but Captian Solo, Master Anikan but Master Skywalker, etc etc Just about any line in game that adress you as Sir, M'Lord, caption, Master Jedi ( not played an operative or bounty hunter yet so ) they would be using a laster name not your frist

Edited by Mcadamsl

The class system, and intollerance, begins.

It has nothing to do with that. The OP just suggested a time frame for the name wipe and the previous poster picked up on that. He should have said "F2P players and NEW SUBSCRIBERS have no more right to names than current players."

Has nothing to do with whether you pay or not.

I would rather they take off names that have been used in the random name generator. I also would not want to lose my names for my characters but I do wish that if you have stopped subscribing then you lose the hold on your name after several month (say 4 month).