PvP patchnotes wrong?

Icestar

The patchnotes say :

• New Recruit MK-2 gear is now available. This gear replaces the Recruit set, which is no longer available.

The reality:

MK-2 is available at vendor but it does not replace the old set. New characters get the MK-2 but old characters still have the first version and have to buy the new set.

Solution:

Either change the old recruitset to the new or let us upgrade somehow. There should be no need to spend 300K-350k on a new set for older characters.

Edited by Icestar

Yeah, wish there was an exchange at least.

Either way; I likely am going to run dailies to get the credits for the toons that need it eventually.

They clearly writes the word replace the old set so I would like to know if this is "working as intended" or simply is a broken armor uppgrade that did not patch correctly.

The logical step if the word replace is used is that it actually replaces the previous armor.

Should have made it so you could exchange the original recruit gear in for comparable mk2 gear. Got recruit gear on a sage a couple weeks ago and haven't played it much and now can't get the new. Not a huge deal I guess but seems like a fairly simple solution.

the gear available at the vendor was REPLACED with this new set.

still confused?

I am not confused but what you write is not what the patchnotes say.

It simply states that the original recruitgear is no longer available and is replaced by a new set.

Look at it this way, all players get a recruitset and the new players that hit 50 get the MK-II. Why should not the old set be replaced like it says in the patchnotes? Now old players get to pay for the new set and the new players get their MK-II that is alot better for free. I am sure that some say "go grind battlemaster it only takes this and that long and so on" but some of us got alot of characters (I have 11 at the moment and 8 level 50s) that we like to play so it is a valid point to wonder if it is "working as intended". Replace to me is to change all gear, not only vendor.

Edited by Icestar

Should have made it so you could exchange the original recruit gear in for comparable mk2 gear. Got recruit gear on a sage a couple weeks ago and haven't played it much and now can't get the new. Not a huge deal I guess but seems like a fairly simple solution.

The difference between recruit I and II is a great deal actually for the team and for the player since it boosts both hitpoints and expertise.

I agree that some kind of exchange would be great.

Edited by Icestar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.