New Dread Guard Gear

Ndbringer

Anyone else find that the new tier Dread Guard gear is not very good stat wise? If I was in full Dread Guard and the Hazmat implants I would have -147 power, +18 str, and +268 crit. Doesn't seem worth it to even try. No mara needs that much crit. The only gear that looks useful is the hilts from the two weapons.

It honestly depends what your ratings are now. While I've always said to minimize your crit rating as much as possible (which for me was 164 rating pre-1.4) and stack power, my actual parsing between 164 crit and 328 crit was essentially identical. So if you could do just a little mod swapping to get yourself to 350 crit rating I don't feel like you'd be doing yourself a terrible disservice.

I'd be more worried about the amount of accuracy TBH

Dread Guard is fairly poorly itemized across all sets from what I've seen. I know on my healing Sorc main I'm going to need something stupid like 5 chests, 2 MHs, and 9 belts to fully min/max. Everyone in my ops group was complaining about a similar situation as well. I guess they want us to be farming HM TFB and NiM EC for months to come :mad: