Alderaan - The Paladins..

HazzaTL

I am a Jedi Sentinel, level 32.

and this mission has level 28 Elites.. how are we supposed to beat these SIth War Apprentice elites?

In Tatoonine we were given NO armour for the Jedi sentinels, just for Kira or the Droids. Alteraan has better armour for commendations, but how are we supposed to get these commendations if we can't do the missions?

I have not done Heroic Missions on Tatoooine as yet, do we get better armour for our Jedi's from those?

Where can I buy equipment that is better than this (without using Alderaan Commendations)

Item - Armor - Str - End - Pwr

Head - 290 - 33 - 28 - 17

Chest -322 - 35 - 29 - 17

Gloves - 161 - 19 - 29 - 13

Belt - 215 - 33 - 26

Legs - 290 - 33 - 28 - 17

Wrists - 168 - 27 - 15

Item - Str - End - Pwr

Ear - 25 - 21 - 12

Implant 1 - 24 - 20 - 10

Implant 2 - 28 - 24 - 12

Item - damage - Str - End - Pwr - Force

Sabers x2 - 99-148 - 36 - 30 - 26 - 198

Health 5755

Armour 1587

Damage Pri 235-284

Damage Sec 65-98

edit: this is my 2nd mission here, have only 2 commendations.. so can't buy any of the items here yet.

Edited by HazzaTL

That stuff doesn't look to bad for level but your only option if you are looking to upgrade would be to use previous planet comms to upgrade if you haven't already or looking on the GTN if it is back up.

Outside of gear make sure you are sending companion in first which will give you more time up also make sure to interrupt anytime they cast an ability. Make sure to use sundering to get the full 5 stack on them as well which will help take them down faster.

Ah, cool. maybe I can get better stuff from it.

Just not today. It's broken right now.

And as for the mission - you should be able to take on 1 elite at your level. Elites 4 levels below you should definitely be soloable, especially if you're doing the following:

1) Read up on orange moddable armor & the GTN, by the low 30s you should have mostly orange / custom armor.

2) Make sure you're using your interrupt skills, especially on Sith.

Edited by DPCummerbund

I am a Jedi Sentinel, level 32.

and this mission has level 28 Elites.. how are we supposed to beat these SIth War Apprentice elites?

In Tatoonine we were given NO armour for the Jedi sentinels, just for Kira or the Droids. Alteraan has better armour for commendations, but how are we supposed to get these commendations if we can't do the missions?

I have not done Heroic Missions on Tatoooine as yet, do we get better armour for our Jedi's from those?

Interrupt / stun them and it's cake.

Meh. Set up your skills however they make sense to you.

I'd have to agree though, this doesn't sound like a gear issue as much as a unfamiliarity with your class vs. those sith. I just did that mission last night on my Smuggler and, unless you're hitting two at the same time, it should be an easy win considering you out-level them. As said, throw those interrupts in their and use a Companion in Tank mode (since you don't have healer yet).

while C2-N2 is indeed a healer, he really is crap until you get him fully geared in droid parts. Here are some other tips that might help:

1)make sure to use force kick to interrupt enemies casting (already been said)

2) if theyre casting and your force kick is on cooldown, use force stasis to stun and build focus

3)casting rebuke is recommended before a fight, if its up

4)dont forget about saber ward/pacify, they can save your life

5)medpacs and might stims will give you a huge advantage

6)if you see a blue circle on the ground, step out of it, you dont want to be taking damage that you could avoid

7)dont forget about zen when you have 30 stacks of centering, that provides a huge bonus

8)make sure your using the right lightsaber stance according to your spec (watchman = juyo form, combat = ataru form, and focus = shii-cho form)

9)Master strike and blade rush are some of your most powerful spells, use them whenever you can

i cant really help you rotation wise, since i dont know what spec you are, but hopefully those tips should help :D

Edited by Meepbot

This quest is tough even tho it's not a heroic quest. I've had to get help from my husband to do ti with most of my characters so don't feel bad. Just ask a friend to help you with it. Of course the above suggestions about ways to get better gear are important as well.

G'luck!!

That droid on the ship. C2-N2 is a healer?

Yes, but at your level, this quest should be a cake walk. If you're using T7, you have your own little tank to take agro for you so you can dps like sentinals should.

I've leveled a gunslinger and a trooper with the ship droid healing. Granted, troopers get a healing companion fairly early, but smugglers don't meet Guss Tuno until Hoth.

I recall even using him on a flashpoint when our healer left and it took a while for a new one to que and join us.

I tended to use him more as a tank, than a healer though. He held agro very well, and his healing ability added to his survivability. I sent him in first then burned the mobs down weakest to strongest.

You'd be surprised how much damage a weak mob can dish out if you ignore him.

If you continue to have trouble with this one, you can skip it and come back after leveling up.

Do the other quests on the planet. Que for flash points. You can get some excelent gear in those.

The new update finally lets you opt to return to where you were at the end, so no downtime.

Edited by JacksonMo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.