Secondary Class? Yes or No?

Karyuoh

:rak_03: I would love to see the opportunity to have a secondary, weaker sub-class to make our toons more individual, as far as skills, not just appearance. Right now , everyone from a certain class is pretty much the same as far as gameplay, and that on both sides combined,. But I would like to be able to make my toon more individual, by adding some sub-class skills to tweak my toon more to my individual playstyle.

Although this creates some game balance concerns, I think with proper(and clever) implimentation, it could work. One would naturally have to limit the number and power of secondary class skills one could adopt, and dd some restrictions to what classes can be combined, but it could work.

Imagine your jedi pulling out a blaster for a quick shot before jumping in for a strike, or a Gunslinger with a short-burst flamethrower witha long cooldown of course. Perhaps a sniper, who has a melee sub-class that allows a bit more close fighting when surrounded.

I know some of these classes have some ranged, and close quarters abilities, but currently they are limited mostly to just getting away, in the case of ranged, or closing distance, as in melee, but what if they could be used as a viable option to additional damage, or healing... I think the possibilities could be exciting, not to mention the old " oh he`s a gunslinger, sith sorc. sent., shadow, so I know exactly how to fight him would not longer apply. There would always be the what is his secondary classs, and how does he use it question to go along with that:rak_02:.

I am not talking about Dual-Spec, I am talking about expanding our skills, and offering us a new way of considering opponents. it may also give some of the under-geared PvP toons a better chance of offering something positive to team dynamics. They have already added the cross class buffs through the legacy system, how about some new legacy PvP skills? Just as an example of a possible implementation.

This game is centered heavily around PvE content, but PvP is also one of the most popular aspects of the game as well. I personally do nothing but PvP, cuase I don`t like to fight bots

So in closing, what do you think

Secondary, or sub-class, Yes or No?:rolleyes:

Edited by Karyuoh
mispelled

yeah ive thought about something similar. but instead of sub-classes, i thought of sub-skill tree.

3 different trees, general that all get, one that is adv class specific, and one that is shared between the 2 adv.

General has things for roles like tank/healer/dps in general which all could get.

Shared is for shared powers such as speed for inquisitor, and lightning, overload, ect.

and the specific adv one is for things like maul, thrash, wither, ect.

Each ability might have a mini-skill tree that each point increases dmg slightly of the ability, and cost slightly less. perhaps if you spend enough points into an ability, give it an extra effect. like if you put enough points into thrash, make it increase overall dmg done or something so it does something more than fill.

not only would this be sweet, it too, would solve the *oh its a sorc, free kill!* or *its a jug, guess ill do this this and this, and i auto win...* instead they would be thinking, *shoot what if he has this talent upgraded....or what if he has that one?! man this either might be easy, or really difficult, i cant tell*

TDRL: seperate, much weaker, skill trees for specific abilities/roles to spice up the game,

yeah ive thought about something similar. but instead of sub-classes, i thought of sub-skill tree.

3 different trees, general that all get, one that is adv class specific, and one that is shared between the 2 adv.

General has things for roles like tank/healer/dps in general which all could get.

Shared is for shared powers such as speed for inquisitor, and lightning, overload, ect.

Each ability might have a mini-skill tree that each point increases dmg slightly of the ability, and cost slightly less. perhaps if you spend enough points into an ability, give it an extra effect. like if you put enough points into thrash, make it increase overall dmg done or something so it does something more than fill.

not only would this be sweet, it too, would solve the *oh its a sorc, free kill!* or *its a jug, guess ill do this this and this, and i auto win...* instead they would be thinking, *shoot what if he has this talent upgraded....or what if he has that one?! man this either might be easy, or really difficult, i cant tell*

TDRL: seperate, much weaker, skill trees for specific abilities/roles to spice up the game,

I like this, but if it's done, I would like to see it more keeping with the class. For example, if I role a sentinel, in your version I could become a tank, as a guardians tank tree might apply?. Correct me if i"m wrong, but that's what I'm getting. I would rather have it as, for a sent. all the tree would be dps, but all would be extremely different, and be close to the same damage, so we wouldn't have "oh this is the best spec" I love the idea though, and want it in game.

/sign:D

i think i see what you mean. You mean the general trees, right? well say a sent does go all tank in there, he would still not be as effective, since a tank would take all tank aswell, and would basicly nulify the sents adv against them, pretty much saying no bonus to either side. if they were to go dps tree it may be different. though would be best to have all sub-trees share points, so you can't just max max max certain ones.

*edit* they would not have access to guardian's tank tree, just a neutral tank tree that would give only a few buffs to tanking, so as to not be a be all win all type of thing. All classes would have the same General trees, so wouldnt specifically favor one specific AC unless they did it wrong.

Edited by Silenceo

*edit* they would not have access to guardian's tank tree, just a neutral tank tree that would give only a few buffs to tanking, so as to not be a be all win all type of thing. All classes would have the same General trees, so wouldnt specifically favor one specific AC unless they did it wrong.

This was what I meant. Thanks for clearing it up, and I do agree with it. Thanks again

Edited by Canino

^^^Thats`s a gr8 Idea! thanks for commenting! :rolleyes: