BIS gear for pvp and what people think is needed

Praiden

So i ahve been researching BIS gear for pvp dps vanguards and haven't found anything. I know there really isn't a BIS for pvp but i want to know a general consesus to whats needed. I suggest going to Askmrrobot.com and sign up and allow you to make gear and too see what your final stats and what not. really useful to see were you need to go.

Check my wish list. http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/74fe4375-dffc-48dc-99d5-6b75684f8d70

Edit: spec has been updated and gear

I also wish to see Assault specs and gear i run both specs depending on what i am needed for.

Edited by Praiden

Thats looking great.

Im playing a slight variation of your Spec, prefering but prefering "Tactical Tools" and "Pulsegenerator" above the (in my opinion) lacklustre last 4 points in the "Gut" talentline.

The point in hamstring doesnt do anything Plasmacell cant do equaly well, or better, because of its range.

As your two points in "Battlefield training" dont do anything at all (you'll be in Plasma all times) I took "Frontline Defense" instead, for even more harrassment options.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801ZrsrrobdzZfhMbdh.2

With those changes i prefer the Eliminator Set to combat tech, but suppose damagewise the two different layouts will be not far appart. Yours is gonna provide slightly more singletarged burst, the one with Pulsecannon support more AoE and (my reason to choose it) the 70% slow of Pulsegenerator (plus the fact that my Eliminatorset ist almost full :eek: ).

So, im just realising my answer was to spec more than gear... its full warhero really, whats not to like :D.

The important part to me is showing that 0/23/18 is a great spec, Even better after 1.4 for the changes to "Pulsegenerator") and can be adjusted to any playstile (coming from Tactics with Pulsecannon, or Assault with autocrit). Both are totaly viable and great fun to play.

A additional point on gear: without speccing "steely resolve" for the percentual Aim increase Power/Stamina augment would be a slightly more powerful choice. I make the same compromise as you here, because of crafting the Aim augments myself as armorcrafter.

best regards,

Major Sabot Shellshock

Edited by PonderSt

thx for pointing out battlefield training those were supposed to be in riot strike. And i see what you mean with pulse generator i thought about doing that myself but now it even more viable with 1.4 and probaly a better choice. i thinking of just droping the gut slow and throwing it into the pulse generator instead and just deal with the 50% chance. The combat tech set is better with auto crit cause you can reduce the amount of crit you need and stack even more power and the 15% to auto crit dosen't help at all so have your stock crit more is much better but your more aoe spec would be much better in elim gear. thx for the feed back and i will adjust appropriately Edited by Praiden