Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Scheduled Maintenance for Game Update 1.4: September 26th, 2012

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*UPDATE 7.45AM CDT: The maintenance window has been extended. We now expect maintenance to end at 10AM CDT (8AM PDT/11AM EDT/4PM BST/5PM CEST/1AM AEST).

This happens Pretty often, how many time DO they normaly extend maintenance ??

Twice.... Sp maybe no play FOR ME today...

This is garbage. I have been a loyal SWTOR fan since 2008. 1.4 is lauching today and the new warzone Hypergates isn't going to be a part of it for another 6 weeks. Swtor you need to get your stuff together. You failed the PvP community on this "HUGE" patch.

Not only did you fail in the fact that the warzone is not coming out for another 6 weeks, but you have decided that only new weapons are coming out and no new PvP armor. I don't understand the logic. Operations get a brand new set of gear, but PvP's get only weapons? Oh wait you can grind out a color change of gear.

Let me tell you why this is an issue. It's an issue for players like myself who simply don't have the time for operations. So now I will be playing the same content and the only upgradeable things are the weapons. And since the major thing that will change is the color due to the minor stats upgrade, which you get a big fat ZERO expertise(probably one of the most important pvp stats). I know from the PTS. I can't believe I am actually thinking about switching to playing a panda!!!!!!. Get it together SWTOR.

Oh one more that is fustrationg. The game is apparently failing due to the 2nd set of server merges, which once again I have lost character's names and my guild name while being on the Host server.

PvP community speack up!!!! If you are unhappy with barely any upgrades and the lack of the new warzone, let SWTOR here.

This is garbage. I have been a loyal SWTOR fan since 2008. 1.4 is lauching today and the new warzone Hypergates isn't going to be a part of it for another 6 weeks. Swtor you need to get your stuff together. You failed the PvP community on this "HUGE" patch.

Not only did you fail in the fact that the warzone is not coming out for another 6 weeks, but you have decided that only new weapons are coming out and no new PvP armor. I don't understand the logic. Operations get a brand new set of gear, but PvP's get only weapons? Oh wait you can grind out a color change of gear.

Let me tell you why this is an issue. It's an issue for players like myself who simply don't have the time for operations. So now I will be playing the same content and the only upgradeable things are the weapons. And since the major thing that will change is the color due to the minor stats upgrade, which you get a big fat ZERO expertise(probably one of the most important pvp stats). I know from the PTS. I can't believe I am actually thinking about switching to playing a panda!!!!!!. Get it together SWTOR.

Oh one more that is fustrationg. The game is apparently failing due to the 2nd set of server merges, which once again I have lost character's names and my guild name while being on the Host server.

PvP community speack up!!!! If you are unhappy with barely any upgrades and the lack of the new warzone, let SWTOR here.

I am with you on this. Seems like a kick in the head to the PvP Community but what can we do about it except make a valid complaint?

Don't mind taking the time to download the update 'specially when it's gonna be great... or even the 6 hour wait for server maintenance..... Just hate the extra hour or two tacked onto the six hour wait that you never know when is gonna end... grrrrrr but hey we all need something to complain about :p

It happens once in a while. They probably found something really wrong and needed to fix it. Could be anything from a card being bad to something failing a ready test.

At least they're not as bad as WoW used to be. I remember some of their extended maintenances... ugh. (although they finally did get better)

It happens once in a while. They probably found something really wrong and needed to fix it. Could be anything from a card being bad to something failing a ready test.

At least they're not as bad as WoW used to be. I remember some of their extended maintenances... ugh. (although they finally did get better)

Think this is actually worse than wow, wow could be for an hour maybe , this is much longer ..., serval hours .....hmmm should i go panda too ;)

Think this is actually worse than wow, wow could be for an hour maybe , this is much longer ..., serval hours .....hmmm should i go panda too ;)

An hour maybe? Come on man, you know that is utter BS. Wow used to not even post if their maintenance was extended until an hour or two after their set time. Seems alot of people are wearing those good old rose tinted glasses these days. lol.

The server merge bugs alone would be frustrating enough and although I am new to the pvp scene I can agree the lack of the new wz inclusion with the patch is disgruntling at best... Hey dude just don't let it make you forget how amazing this game is and don't you dare go play with a panda, it will eat you. Those things are bears man ;p

An hour maybe? Come on man, you know that is utter BS. Wow used to not even post if their maintenance was extended until an hour or two after their set time. Seems alot of people are wearing those good old rose tinted glasses these days. lol.

They need to take those damn glasses off dude :p Don't ever get jaded by this game because as far as mmos go, swtor is more than up to par and to anyone considering playing with pandas *cough* knockas *cough* be forgiving of the faults and fall in love with this game again.. Do good things bioware and get your sh*t together with the pvp!

*amendment: oh yea, *cough* you too BRIANIGENIGEN *cough* :p

Edited by Gnarly_Dudesome

They need to take those damn glasses off dude :p Don't ever get jaded by this game because as far as mmos go, swtor is more than up to par and to anyone considering playing with pandas *cough* knockas *cough* be forgiving of the faults and fall in love with this game again.. Do good things bioware and get your sh*t together with the pvp!

I approve of this message. Nice to see that there are still some realists out there and not just a bunch of Pandas. I will be playing this game for a long time, despite the kick in the face my Arsenal Merc just took.

Okay, talk about confusion:

I booted up the launcher without looking to see if maintenance was finished yet.... says the servers are unavailable BUT it is downloading the patch.

..Is this normal?

Yes it is normal.. and BTW... the servers are now up.. let the mad rush commence :rolleyes:

Edited by Bloodstealer

No new flashpoint

No new WZ

(That was a reply, so I'm explicitly not accusing you of qq'ing)

With the operation, they are hopefully putting many major assets (graphics, audio, scripts) required for the WZ and an FP (did I miss an announcement?) with a similar theme in place. They do need some food to keep the 6-week schedule, and having a complete operation as a base should speed up development of those ;)

Am I the only one not excited about this update? For non 50 characters who enjoy the storyline all we are getting is stupid expressions and the chance to tidy up their companion. Earlier in the year we were lead to believe we'd be getting the story update, the cathar and HK-51 and now it appears that these are gonna be drip fed to us.

I see your point, and depending on my general mood, I sometimes feel similarly about the "major" patches here. All in all though, there are a bunch of improvements that should be felt by everyone, like the group finder porting back to where you came from or the CC changes in PvP.

Apart from the operation, it is another convenience patch like 1.3, which was a massive improvement of the game, with many fixes that are not glaringly obvious, but do make for a smoother experience. Major content updates are likely held up by the development of Makeb, which sounds like it should keep most content teams busy, and as was mentioned in a recent interview, development of proper story content is actually really expensive. Bioware is really delivering quality in that "single player" department, and that just takes time, as much as you and I wish to have more stuff now.

(Compare to the development of a warzone: make a compelling mostly symmetrical map, place and script targets, hire Nolan North as the announcer, push to live…)

It would be very interesting to have some kind of "state of the pipeline" in a community blog right now, since a lot of stuff has been announced that's hanging around somewhere :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.