The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Your pyro spec

ICUto

I still run 4/6/31, but I should try and parse some variation with +9% aim.

As for TD, it's my second option for filling the 2 dead GCD between rail shot roulette. Option 1 is IM+shots, 2nd is TD+shots, 3rd is an unload. I tried using flamethrower in there, but having two 25 heat moves was messing me up.

And I also really like the recast down for sensor overload and kolto healing. Pretty much every attack but unload is critting at a 47% or so crit, and it helps make sure I don't have to rapid shots more than I have too. Same deal with recast down on vent heat, once that's up, in a bad spin lets me just force it whiles it up, rather than having to lose dps weaving rapid shots.

I generally fall around 1910 on the dummy over 6 min.

I still run 4/6/31, but I should try and parse some variation with +9% aim.

As for TD, it's my second option for filling the 2 dead GCD between rail shot roulette. Option 1 is IM+shots, 2nd is TD+shots, 3rd is an unload. I tried using flamethrower in there, but having two 25 heat moves was messing me up.

And I also really like the recast down for sensor overload and kolto healing. Pretty much every attack but unload is critting at a 47% or so crit, and it helps make sure I don't have to rapid shots more than I have too. Same deal with recast down on vent heat, once that's up, in a bad spin lets me just force it whiles it up, rather than having to lose dps weaving rapid shots.

I generally fall around 1910 on the dummy over 6 min.

I was also getting around 1910~ on the dummy but swapped to 8/5/28 after the range nerf on the TD. I do miss having a crazy short cooldown on the thermal sensor overide sometimes but my dps went up by quite a bit from changing: http://www.torparse.com/a/25439/time/1348928509/1348928811

Weird, was parsing a 8/5/28 build today for the aim boost, but was really feeling the loss of TSO recast down and lack of TD. When I was getting in trouble with heat, didn't have TSO to give that one more free spin, and when I was flush on the rolls, without TD to fill the gap inbetween Rail shots on the 3rd good roll, I was just having to flameburst instead, which didn't pack the same punch.

Could've just been a bad set of parses, but I did three 5 min sets of each spec, and ended up averaging 1913 for the the 9% aim, and 1934 for the TD. I'll have to do some more when I get the time.

Also, what relic's is everyone using? I just today finally got around to getting two BM power relics. Does the Matrix cube get more value with 9% aim? I saw in that build it gave me over a 1% boost in crit rating, but lost me about 11 damage. And I was using a Campaign elemental proc one before, but never felt too happy with that one.

Weird, was parsing a 8/5/28 build today for the aim boost, but was really feeling the loss of TSO recast down and lack of TD. When I was getting in trouble with heat, didn't have TSO to give that one more free spin, and when I was flush on the rolls, without TD to fill the gap inbetween Rail shots on the 3rd good roll, I was just having to flameburst instead, which didn't pack the same punch.

Could've just been a bad set of parses, but I did three 5 min sets of each spec, and ended up averaging 1913 for the the 9% aim, and 1934 for the TD. I'll have to do some more when I get the time.

Also, what relic's is everyone using? I just today finally got around to getting two BM power relics. Does the Matrix cube get more value with 9% aim? I saw in that build it gave me over a 1% boost in crit rating, but lost me about 11 damage. And I was using a Campaign elemental proc one before, but never felt too happy with that one.

I never really have problems with heat, I did at first after changing as I was used to having such a small cooldown but in the end I got used to it. As for having no TD, I think flameburst is almost as good as the TD. TD relies a lot on crits otherwise its damage is miniscule, whereas flameburst still hits ok numbers without crits and has a higher crit chance than TD.

I personally use 2x war hero power relics. I never actually picked up the matrix cube on this character so I've never parsed to see a difference, I just assume the war hero relic is better from looking at the stats.