What team am i on?

Thorlan

If you have map awareness in huttball it doesn't matter what the scoreboard says. You can easily figure it out. I've had people use that as an excuse when they run the wrong way, and really they just need to exit out of their tunnel vision.

Edit.

Yes the scoreboard is buggy, press ctrl+u twice to reset ui

Edited by Yiffinator

Indeed, there's something like that!

I got confused at least twice, when "my" team was apparently loosing the game, but at the end I found myself in the winning one! I seriously could not understand why, what went wrong. Fortunately, it was on my early trials with hutball and I mostly run around clueless, so did not do much harm.

At least no one screamed at me.

But that is definitely a bug.

I think there might be something else going on, because my republic character really was on the Rotworms team (at least three times now) in the past few weeks. Purple beams of light on the ball carrier, rotworm themed announcements from Barron Deathmark when we passed/etc, and both teams were clearly made up of republic characters. Here's a shot of the latest scoreboard, showing that we actually scored a point - which means the goals were working properly for a Rotworms team as well, and it wasn't just a UI error.

http://www.kallahdreamsong.com/swtor/Republic_Rotworms.jpg

I'm fairly certain this has happened to me on the Coast map as well, but I didn't think to snag a screenshot at the time.

I think there might be something else going on, because my republic character really was on the Rotworms team (at least three times now) in the past few weeks. Purple beams of light on the ball carrier, rotworm themed announcements from Barron Deathmark when we passed/etc, and both teams were clearly made up of republic characters. Here's a shot of the latest scoreboard, showing that we actually scored a point - which means the goals were working properly for a Rotworms team as well, and it wasn't just a UI error.

I'm fairly certain this has happened to me on the Coast map as well, but I didn't think to snag a screenshot at the time.

I'm not sure what the issue is.

I'm not sure what the issue is.

Earlier posts seem to indicate that appearing on the "wrong" team is just a UI issue, and can be fixed by resetting your UI. I was trying to show an example of when being on the "wrong" team was clearly more than a UI error, since the map functioned just fine fine for me and my teammates on the "wrong" team. Sometimes ... you really do wind up on the other side!

Earlier posts seem to indicate that appearing on the "wrong" team is just a UI issue, and can be fixed by resetting your UI. I was trying to show an example of when being on the "wrong" team was clearly more than a UI error, since the map functioned just fine fine for me and my teammates on the "wrong" team. Sometimes ... you really do wind up on the other side!

Were you shocked that you fighting another Republic team? The chat indicates you weren't sure why you were. All the warzones have same-faction matches in addition to normal Imp vs Pub matches. It's not a mystery, it's a feature.

Were you shocked that you fighting another Republic team? The chat indicates you weren't sure why you were. All the warzones have same-faction matches in addition to normal Imp vs Pub matches. It's not a mystery, it's a feature.

Not shocked - as it had happened before, as well on other maps - but pointing out that there may be another reason for it to appear that you're on the "wrong" team in Hutball (or any map, presumably). The OP more or less said "The scoreboard said I was on the other team, wierd!" to which other people replied "Oh, that's a UI issue!" - and in some cases, it probably is. I was just pointing out that it might not just be a UI issue since you might actually be on the other team. As most claims of that sort get smacked silly with the "pix or it didn't happen" line, I figured I'd dig out a screenshot showing a republic vs republic match for folks who hadn't experienced one. As you can see from my chat, I have no idea what causes them (too many of one faction in the queue, not enough of the other?).

Not sure if anyone else has had this happen but in huttball when you look at the score your team is sometimes the other team.

thanks for post

thought I was going mad :)

novare and huttball issue for me, doesnt happen a lot but does happen

i thought it was a ranked warzone initially that I had somehow fallen into

and like an above post, you are actually in the wrong team, UI reset doesnt do it

omg .. I just read part of the chat ...

"We're fighting a republic team?"

"Yup"

"Weird"

"It happens but no idea why"

Just yesterday someone was in general on fleet asking how the Imp PvP WZ's were on 'this server' and do they loose all the time.

General pretty much to a man informed him that it's hard to say because most PvP WZ's are Imp vs Imp.

Thus they win and loose all the time.

Could it be that republic players just don't know that same faction WZ's are possible?

/giggle

Edited by Voranis