Lolspecced Marauder

Masarko

Hurrdurrrrr dis r #1 spec fer ratidzzz of all tiem (I know its not, stop telling me it. Read the whole thread and see why I made it)

After paying attention to General chat on Fleet, I noticed that most people complain over either Carnage or Rage Marauders, understandable since Ahnilation is just some leghumping if you cleanse the dots.

So after looking at the different trees, I thought: "Heck lets put carnage and rage together" and made this: http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_warrior/marauder/#::f20e5fdef2efe3fe2f2e4f2e2fef2efef.

I found out that a full procced smash followed up with a procced scream = oboi and smash crits without shockwave hits pretty decent, as this build only lets you lolsmash every minute

Oh yea im a bad marauder so no hate :(

Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4IkZjUuWg0

Edited by Masarko

Been trying it for quite a few warzones, do find it quite fun to play (formerly an Ahni Mara) and the Obliterate makes up for no longer short range on charge, as youre not heavy relying on smash to do good and you confuse people with the Ataru form so they dont see the smash comming :D

Been trying it for quite a few warzones, do find it quite fun to play (formerly an Ahni Mara) and the Obliterate makes up for no longer short range on charge, as youre not heavy relying on smash to do good and you confuse people with the Ataru form so they dont see the smash comming :D

The reason people dont like the hybrid spec is because you sacrificed:

1. A Guaranteed ataru form hit with Massacre
  2. Perdition

As a carnage marauder your burst comes from the (Gore, Massacre, Scream), or the (Gore, Ravage) combo.

The reason people dont like the hybrid spec is because you sacrificed:

1. A Guaranteed ataru form hit with Massacre
  2. Predation*

As a carnage marauder your burst comes from the (Gore, Massacre, Scream), or the (Gore, Ravage) combo.

Yes, that is true, but I dont like full Carnage, hence why hybrid spec and ive never been this spec for reals i am mainly an Ahnilation

Read the OP for the reason why i tried it / made it at all

You have to have berserker, or else the frequency of the smashes is too low. But if you grab that you can't grab gore.

It's no matter tho, armor pen doesn't help force attacks hit harder, so the specs don't really complement each other.

I made this in purpose of solo queing as from my experience in solo smash spec is so squishy its sad (compared to Ahni) and smash seems to be the only big hitter and its easy countered, besides even tho in this hybrid i think my non shockwave smashes were decent :( saw some 2-3k crits around there

I don't really see the appeal of this spec plus in focus/rage there is a ability that increases critical force dmg by 30% which imcreases dmg of both smash/sweep and scream/blade storm (when it crits) which means that you get more sweeps that hit harder and when your bladestorm/scream does crit it will hit for a decent amount anyway.. Not to mention the fact you get to sweep more often..

I mean its cool to try to hybrids but its been proved time and time again that we just have so many key abilities so far up trees for hybrids to work as well as going with one primary spec. Bioware just doesn't seem to encourage hybrid specs (nerf to hybrid dps sorc/sage spec for instance) if a hybrid spec did work particularly well it'd probably get nerfed eventually

Also i disagree with watchman/annihilation being leg humping. Even if the dots get cleansed Merciless slash/annhilate and master strike can still burst very hard The OP qq for sentinels comes from watchman/annihilation more because they can survive so long with the self heals etc. The other specs burst harder yes but they are glass cannons with it.

Edited by AngusFTW

The OP qq for sentinels comes from watchman/annihilation more because they can survive so long with the self heals etc..

Lol why should i QQ about Ahni / watchman when my OWN Marauder is mainly Ahni?(You play one you learn to counter one right? ) If I were to QQ about any of the specs it would be Carnage as it has so much immobolize to stop my utillity on my Operative but i dont want Maras to be nerfed :(

I have no problems dealing with Ahni's with a 30sec cd stun, cleanse, stealth, dodge you name it.

watchman/annihilation more because they can survive so long with the self heals etc. The other specs burst harder yes but they are glass cannons with it.

That's how I've always looked at it since their first buff. Go Anni/Watchman if you solo queue, and then go the other tree if you queue in a premade with dedicated heals.

Edited by FourTwent

Also i disagree with watchman/annihilation being leg humping. Even if the dots get cleansed Merciless slash/annhilate and master strike can still burst very hard The OP qq for sentinels comes from watchman/annihilation more because they can survive so long with the self heals etc. The other specs burst harder yes but they are glass cannons with it.

Yep. Our burst may not be as high, but I have no issue soloing anyone I've come across so far, including healers. People who say watchman are "leg humping" simply don't play it to its potential. As a side note a good

Watchman will always beat an equally skilled combat or focus sent. Easier to shut them down.

Lol why should i QQ about Ahni / watchman when my OWN Marauder is mainly Ahni?(You play one you learn to counter one right? ) If I were to QQ about any of the specs it would be Carnage as it has so much immobolize to stop my utillity on my Operative but i dont want Maras to be nerfed :(

I have no problems dealing with Ahni's with a 30sec cd stun, cleanse, stealth, dodge you name it.

nono what i meant (but misworded) was you say in your first post that qq is directed towards combat and focus sentinels (carnage/rage maras) When actually the majority of qq is probably directed towards the anni tree because of the high survivability of the spec.

Edited by AngusFTW

nono what i meant (but misworded) was you say in your first post that qq is directed towards combat and focus sentinels (carnage/rage maras) When actually the majority of qq is probably directed towards the anni tree because of the high survivability of the spec.

I turned on General chat for entertainment, saw people complain over Carnage and Rage at the present and made my own entertainment with this