Advice on macros needed?

ScoldedVi

Should I add a delay of 1.5 secs (same as global cooldown) or a little more, say 1.6 secs between each ability activation?

The reason I ask is because with charged abilities, it seems you have to add a little extra, I'm playing a Smuggler and I had to put a delay of 1.6 secs after Charged Burst, because when I put a 1.5 secs delay (which is its actual charge up time) the next ability wouldn't fire.

He propably uses some hardware macro mouse / keyboard, where you can program all the abilities with all the intervals between them.

That is, BW should allow macros - right now, those with sepcial gear have unfair advantage over those who don't have macro-capable keyboards and have no chance to program macros. Or BW should detect somewhow hardware macros and disable/ban them.

macros are legal?

Are you suggesting that BW doesn't allow macro useage?

This seems very strange to me, if true. Considering I use a Razer Naga, made by the same company that sells a mouse dedicated to SWTOR, which they obviously have permission to make/sell.

Are you suggesting that BW doesn't allow macro useage?

This seems very strange to me, if true. Considering I use a Razer Naga, made by the same company that sells a mouse dedicated to SWTOR, which they obviously have permission to make/sell.

I read somewhere in the TOS that any form of automation is not tolerated and can lead to being banned from the game...

I read somewhere in the TOS that any form of automation is not tolerated and can lead to being banned from the game...

oh for the love of god this comes up anytime someone talks about a razor product......BW doesnt actually care if you use hardware or software macros....and any MMO if you read their TOS you will see the same thing about automation.

And in all honesty even people without hardware to do it software programs exist that let you set up macros.

to the OP......dont do the delay....if you have the delay and a long macro ti will take forever to get a single ability off because the macro will run the delay even if the ability is not ready adding a lot of time in between abilities

oh for the love of god this comes up anytime someone talks about a razor product......BW doesnt actually care if you use hardware or software macros....and any MMO if you read their TOS you will see the same thing about automation.

And in all honesty even people without hardware to do it software programs exist that let you set up macros.

to the OP......dont do the delay....if you have the delay and a long macro ti will take forever to get a single ability off because the macro will run the delay even if the ability is not ready adding a lot of time in between abilities

Thank you but if I don't put at least a 1.5 sec delay after each ability, the following ability doesn't fire or do you mean don't increase the delay to 1.6 secs for the charged attack, i.e. keep it at 1.5 secs?

Just a thought, surely if BW were to ban all players who used Macros then the game would shut down pretty fast.

Thank you but if I don't put at least a 1.5 sec delay after each ability, the following ability doesn't fire or do you mean don't increase the delay to 1.6 secs for the charged attack, i.e. keep it at 1.5 secs?

Just a thought, surely if BW were to ban all players who used Macros then the game would shut down pretty fast.

are you using a razer product?

are you using a razer product?

Yes, I've been trying things all day. I have to put a 0.50 sec delay after taking cover, so that the first ability fires off (for this particular Macro, I start with taking cover as the first action), then with instant abilities I've put a 1.50 sec delay after them, otherwise the next doesn't fire because of the global cooldown and with the charged attack (takes 1.50 secs), it seems that adding a 1.50 sec (just 1.50 secs, not 1.50 for the charge up and 1.50 secs for the global cool down) delay after it is ok.

The only problem is that when an enemy is killed and it quickly switches to the next enemy, the following ability after the one that killed the target is skipped and the sequence goes on to the next ability.

Yes, I've been trying things all day. I have to put a 0.50 sec delay after taking cover, so that the first ability fires off (for this particular Macro, I start with taking cover as the first action), then with instant abilities I've put a 1.50 sec delay after them, otherwise the next doesn't fire because of the global cooldown and with the charged attack (takes 1.50 secs), it seems that adding a 1.50 sec (just 1.50 secs, not 1.50 for the charge up and 1.50 secs for the global cool down) delay after it is ok.

The only problem is that when an enemy is killed and it quickly switches to the next enemy, the following ability after the one that killed the target is skipped and the sequence goes on to the next ability.

Don't do 1.6, but use the skill queue: you do cover, 0.3 seconds delay, first skill, 1.0 seconds delay, second skill (it goes to queue for 0.5 seconds and then fires), 1.5 seconds delay, third skill (also queued for 0.5 seconds), 1.5 seconds delay and so on. That way, there is always a skill in the queue. You cant go any faster than that: nothing starts a skill so fast as having it in the queue.

Oh and manually STOP the macro when an enemy is dead.

Also, 0,5 seconds after cover is alot, hehe.